I heard this was going to happen

This isn't about understanding anything....it's purely about form over substance..."we've got to do SOMETHING" even if the something is completely immaterial and ineffective.

I'm not sure what concerns me more...that worthless, spineless, politicians passed an unconstitutional law or that so many people seem to have no problem "complying" with it. If these Connecticut gun owners are in any way representative of the overall gun-owing population then we are in BIG BIG trouble.

Guest TankerHC
This doesn't surprise me one iota. I've been saying it for years. When the day comes to register firearms people will be standing in line and when the day comes to turn in firearms, just like the British and Australians, people will be standing in line. They won't have to come for firearms, the sheeple will simply show up to turn them in. Everyone? No. Most everyone? Yes. And of course no criminals will but everyone who fails to comply just joins the criminal ranks. For these people it is the last step to mandatory turn in. Already happening in New York and confiscation already happening in California. I dislike Karl Rove immensely, but I hope his statement last week turns out to be correct. We gain 6 Conservative seats in the house and take the Senate probably with 51. 12 of his 15 predictions for 2013 were correct, it the other three that concerns me. If historical voter turnout numbers remain the same then at the Federal level everyone will get to participate in common sense gun control.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

This doesn't surprise me one iota. I've been saying it for years. When the day comes to register firearms people will be standing in line and when the day comes to turn in firearms, just like the British and Australians, people will be standing in line. They won't have to come for firearms, the sheeple will simply show up to turn them in. Everyone? No. Most everyone? Yes. And of course no criminals will but everyone who fails to comply just joins the criminal ranks. For these people it is the last step to mandatory turn in. Already happening in New York and confiscation already happening in California. I dislike Karl Rove immensely, but I hope his statement last week turns out to be correct. We gain 6 Conservative seats in the house and take the Senate probably with 51. 12 of his 15 predictions for 2013 were correct, it the other three that concerns me. If historical voter turnout numbers remain the same then at the Federal level everyone will get to participate in common sense gun control.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

There really is no point in Republicans taking the Senate unless they are true conservatives and NOT politicians and I just don't see that happening.

A Republican majority? Possible

A Republican majority that will actually make a difference?  ZERO chance of that I think.

One thing that the Republicans have proven is that, as a group, they have no core convictions that they will actually fight for and won't even follow their own platform. When the had control of both houses AND the Presidency they did NOTING of real substance and they will continue to do nothing of substance unless a majority of elected Republicans love liberty first, conservatives/[r]epublicans second and Republicans a distant third. We have have too many SQRLs (squirrals) Status Quo Republican Losers in the party who are willing to go along to get alone.

• Like 6

Well folks, I have zero plans on registering my firearms by standing in a line because the ones I bought in gun stores or had a back ground check done on me at time of purchase are already registered. Does anyone here actually think that at 10 o'clock each night that the TBI really deletes all the back ground checks they did that day? I don't and never did. They can say they do all they want but I don't believe them. Also if they do back ground checks do they not use a Federal data base to do it. Believe me the Feds know about every gun that was legally purchased through a back ground check. The ones they don't know about are the ones you purchased years ago of bought from another individual. Those are the guns they hope folks are stupid enough to register because they are the guns they don't know you have..........jmho

• Like 3

I have to agree w/you Bersa.  Memory is too cheap to assume all those searches are deleted.  I know they are legally required to delete them. But seems like legal requirements are merely guidelines lately. 

If the NSA can monitor the entire verizon network, facebook, and google.  It's not beyond logic they they monitor the TICS system as well. 

Crap where is my tin foil hat....

• Like 3

I have to agree w/you Bersa.  Memory is too cheap to assume all those searches are deleted.  I know they are legally required to delete them. But seems like legal requirements are merely guidelines lately. 

If the NSA can monitor the entire verizon network, facebook, and google.  It's not beyond logic they they monitor the TICS system as well. 

Crap where is my tin foil hat....

Yea, they can monitor some of the largest internet and phone services out there and keep all those records in memory but yet cannot build a website to get that POS ACA website to work. I guess it must have to do with priorities and the ACA website was just not high enough on the priority list................. :rofl: :rock:

What happened to all the "Come and get them!!" crowd? So much for being a true patriot.

Standing in line to register their guns. So many tuff talkers and now just following along with unconstitutional laws.

Almost seems like the same as "I'm just following orders".

Well folks, I have zero plans on registering my firearms by standing in a line because the ones I bought in gun stores or had a back ground check done on me at time of purchase are already registered. Does anyone here actually think that at 10 o'clock each night that the TBI really deletes all the back ground checks they did that day? I don't and never did. They can say they do all they want but I don't believe them. Also if they do back ground checks do they not use a Federal data base to do it. Believe me the Feds know about every gun that was legally purchased through a back ground check. The ones they don't know about are the ones you purchased years ago of bought from another individual. Those are the guns they hope folks are stupid enough to register because they are the guns they don't know you have..........jmho

Don't matter one way or the other.....you can bet your sweet arse the NSA has it all on record as well as every post made every second on any website like ours.
  • Like 1
[quote name="RED333" post="1085043" timestamp="1388187719"]Well that dadburn boat flipped last week, to bad I lost all my firearms in the water over the deepest part of the lake. :rant:[/quote] ... happened to me earlier this year. I'll never take that behemoth of a dog on another boat so long as I live. She's sweet, but she's no sailor!
  • Like 1

I doubt any of those law-makers campaigned on the platform of passing this law.

Exactly. That's why it can happen anywhere. Politician's loyalties change with the prevailing winds, especially when those prevailing winds are driven by emotion and serve to further empower the political establishment.

Exactly. That's why it can happen anywhere. Politician's loyalties change with the prevailing winds, especially when those prevailing winds are driven by emotion and serve to further empower the political establishment.

Agree. 

Don't forget that the Dems controlled both houses of the state General Assembly for decades.  The GOP being the majority is very recent.

Just think what would have happened in early 2013 if that sorry SOB Jimmy Naifeh (Dem - Covington) was still the speaker of the house and that poor, old and senile John Wilder (Dem - District 26) was still the Lieutenant Governor and Speaker of the Senate.

They would have been marching in step with Joe Biden and drinking all of that Barry Hussein Kool-Aid. 

• Like 1

how did they register an unmarked, un numbered magazine ?   I always though the gun only has one so how are they registering many ?

Tell you what  you send me a list of what it says I have and I will get back to you

only a matter of time before deer rifles become sniper rifles.