Well, got it done for another year

bersaguy

As I mentioned in one of the post. I made my annual trip to my Cemetery and decorated my son and wife's graves and like I said it was 1990 for my son and 1997 for my wife and it's been a last couple rough days for me. Yea I am getting older and I see it being harder and harder to go each year both physically and mentally and in my heart it is not any easier. I am thankful for websites like this one to have someplace to express my life's strife's and know that some folks will understand since my old dog does her best to stay close by. It's really amazing how dogs can tell when their master is down in the dumps and blue about something. They seem to spend more time closer to you. Normally Kasey lays on her bed while in the house but since Sunday she has laid right beside me while I am on the computer and if I get up to move she moves with me. Last two nights instead of sleeping in her bed she slept laying on the floor beside the bed so Monday night I put a blanket down beside the bed for her. I know the blues will pass soon and I will get back to normal as normal is for me. Thanks for being here to read an old mans ramblings folks. 

Echoing the sentiments of others. I partially understand the feelings thru my own issues, but no one can truly understand the problems and feelings of another. No matter how we try.

Just know you do have people here who care and will attempt to help.

This season is the worst for these type of feelings. I always get blue thinking about my childhood and i miss my father and grandparents. But sometimes some good randomness cheers me up.

[media]http://youtu.be/Dt4zvJNXbdI [/media]

***edit*** bah, won't embed for whatever reason.

***edited to add [media] tags to fix embedding issue

Edited by MacGyver

I can't put words to what I wanna say, but thought this is something that came to mind..

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save. I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost"

Bixby Letter - A. Lincoln

My dog has had cancer for over a year and isn't very active, but when I'm at home, he follows me from room to room.

Sorry to hear about your best friends illness. I worry about Kasey as she is getting up in years but every trip to Vet gives here a good health report.. He says shes doing just fine to be almost 14 years old and yep, sick or not they are always loyal.

• Like 1

Possibly not your style of music, but this lyric reminds me of a couple bible verses and resonates with me. 

And the sun will rise
Dawn will break through the blackest night
Distant in its glow
This shall pass be still and know

This is our first Christmas season without the last two grandmothers.  Hang in there. 

Thoughts and prayers are with you during this tough time. Pets are great to have around and I agree they can tell when we are down. Many times the holiday season is tough on us by bringing up past memories but try to remember the good times and look ahead to the future of a new year. This too shall pass.

Again thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your responses. They have all helped in some way to keep me moving forward. That is why I came here and posted my feelings at the time. I knew there would be help on the other end of my computer here........... :up:

Again thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for your responses. They have all helped in some way to keep me moving forward. That is why I came here and posted my feelings at the time. I knew there would be help on the other end of my computer here........... :up:

It's been a few days brother , are you still ok ? We will not forget about those that ask for help or thoughts.