Barrett MRAD .308 and .300 Win Mag

JohnC

Guest Phizzle99GST

I love the MRAD in 338 lapua as it has next to 0 recoil, if I ever get one it will be in 300WM... but not sure i'll ever be able to save up long enough to get one without buying something else first lol

Guest kingarmory

Got to shoot the .338 MRAD a few months before they debuted it at SHOT Show, gun was nailing targets at 1750yds pretty easily.  If I had a fat roll of cash burning a hole in my pocket, that would be on my short list of guns to get.

Guest kingarmory

I'd have to go with .300WM, just because I have about 120 rounds stocked back, lmao.

Yeah, I'd probably opt for .300WM too, I'd rather shoot $2 bills than $5 ones.  Barrett had brought crates of .338 ammo out for the shoot so it wasn't hurting me any, but it'd be a cold day in hell before I burned that much .338 ammo on my own dime

Here is a question I have.

Is .338 Lapua ever going to come down in price?

There are a lot of ammo manufacturers making it now, so it seems supply and demand should bring the price down eventually.

Is there no military surplus brass, etc., coming back to the civilian market in .338 Lapua?

Anyone know how the barrel swap works on the MRADs?  I had a M98 Bravo several years ago... loved the gun, especially the looks but I tell you this DTA I have, I can swap barrels in 10-15 seconds if I needed to,,, taking my time only takes like 30 ;o).  Meaning I can go from a 16" 308 to a 26" 338 lickity split!

I love the look of the Barretts and if the calibers are truely 'conversions' to the receiver (as they originally claimed they would) and not simpy 'models' I too would say FINALLY ;o) .. if not, I'd think it's going to be a hard sell to compete against the AIs, DTAs, Sakos, etc..

IMG_4436.jpg

IMG_4441.jpg

Anyone know how the barrel swap works on the MRADs?  I had a M98 Bravo several years ago... loved the gun, especially the looks but I tell you this DTA I have, I can swap barrels in 10-15 seconds if I needed to,,, taking my time only takes like 30 ;o).  Meaning I can go from a 16" 308 to a 26" 338 lickity split!

I love the look of the Barretts and if the calibers are truely 'conversions' to the receiver (as they originally claimed they would) and not simpy 'models' I too would say FINALLY ;o) .. if not, I'd think it's going to be a hard sell to compete against the AIs, DTAs, Sakos, etc..

Two ways:

Break the upper & lower apart like an AR15 and do a complete upper swap

or

Take the two bolts out on the under side of the rail where it meets close to the receiver, and swap the barrel, etc.

Example in this video: http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/01/17/introducing-the-barrett-mrad/
  • 2 weeks later...

Just saw this post on Outpost Armory's Facebook page if anyone has the $$$ Sure wish I did!!!

Be the first to have the new Barrett MRAD in .308. Just in time for Christmas! Just in TODAY the MRAD in 17" Black, Green, Grey, Tan, and Multi Role Brown. Also 22" in Black, Green, and Tan. The 17" guns are $5,979, and the 22" guns are $6,129.