the tgo receiver build thread

reed1285

Had a prob getting my bolt catch screws in on both my TGO lowers , the lower parts kits were from PSA. I had to very carefully widen the hole in the bolt catch , not a real problem , just thought i might share ; also not a problem with the lower itself.

photo_zps7dfcfc4a.jpg

Otherwise both lowers are complete , the .300 BLK

photo_zpsc245d619.jpg

and the other is an undisclosed Xmas present , can't post here.

Had a prob getting my bolt catch screws in on both my bolt catch's , the lower parts kits were from PSA. I had to very carefully widen the hole in the bolt catch , not a real problem , just thought I might share ; also not a problem with the lower itself , just the parts kit.

I had no problem getting mine in but I had problems getting it out again. A sharp edge on the bolt catch had cut a thread on the pin on the way in and that made it very hard to pull out again. I pulled and pushed the pin until the sharp edge was gone and then it was fine. Definitely one to watch for (I still like this style of pin)

I had no problem getting mine in but I had problems getting it out again. A sharp edge on the bolt catch had cut a thread on the pin on the way in and that made it very hard to pull out again. I pulled and pushed the pin until the sharp edge was gone and then it was fine. Definitely one to watch for (I still like this style of pin)

I don't think the bolt catch should have ever touched your threads , they are on the outside of the entering screw itself.

I think it was actually the bolt catch and it cut it in the rounded barrel part of the pin (if you mean what I think you mean then yes).

If you think I mean what I mean I think , then yes,  I think I mean what you think I meant , what do you think I mean ? ..... :cheers:

Edited by Threeeighty
  • Like 1

Hey! I finally got my scope mounts, so yesterday I sighted mine in, and even in the howling wind, with cheap bulk bullets, I was getting consistent 1" 100 yard groups. I am interested in working up an accuracy load with good bullets and seeing what it will do in calm conditions. Although it's ugly, I'm pleased with how mine turned out for a first attempt. Thanks to everyone who offered help and advice. :up:

Hey! I finally got my scope mounts, so yesterday I sighted mine in, and even in the howling wind, with cheap bulk bullets, I was getting consistent 1" 100 yard groups. I am interested in working up an accuracy load with good bullets and seeing what it will do in calm conditions. Although it's ugly, I'm pleased with how mine turned out for a first attempt. Thanks to everyone who offered help and advice. :up:

What more do you want, 1 hole at 100 yrds? :up:

With the way I shot, I am happy to hit a paper plate at 100 yrds.

• Like 1

Don't know the exact weight because it's not published but it's not as heavy as a full quad-rail and not as light as the MI SS Gen2 SS I ended up with. The part where normal people put their hand is very thin...like 1.5 inches, then you have rail part where they are actually needed.

When I started building these toys, all there was
were the full quad, and now there are quite a few
of those that look to be made for a humans hand.
It makes me want to get replace a slew of them.
173rd showed me one like what you show and
it is so light and comfortable.
Some of this new stuff coming out is finally
replacing tacticool with sensible. I like that.

I picked up a red-dot scope yesterday and sad to say, they may not work too well with my eyes :(

Just checked again and a good night's sleep has improved things considerably. I still think I'll have to consider other options as I upgrade optics though.

Edited by tnguy

I still say you shot very well, where you on a bench, rest, bags?

Yes. That's the only way I can test the accuracy of a rifle. I can't shoot that sort of groups prone, let alone from any other position.

I am an average shot at best. I need all the help I can get. Sandbags and a solid bench make a good shot out of anyone who can see and squeeze a trigger.

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2396_zpse12c7f71.jpg.html]IMG_2396_zpse12c7f71.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2397_zps33a43470.jpg.html]IMG_2397_zps33a43470.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2398_zpse6cc9000.jpg.html]IMG_2398_zpse6cc9000.jpg[/URL]

I topped mine off with a 3-9 Leupold compact and a set of P Series mounts, and a sling from WalMart. Unless I decide to upgrade the trigger at some point, I think I'm finished with mine.

[quote name="gregintenn" post="1083674" timestamp="1387917818"][url="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2396_zpse12c7f71.jpg.html"]IMG_2396_zpse12c7f71.jpg[/url] [url="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2397_zps33a43470.jpg.html"]IMG_2397_zps33a43470.jpg[/url] [url="http://s612.photobucket.com/user/gregintenn/media/IMG_2398_zpse6cc9000.jpg.html"]IMG_2398_zpse6cc9000.jpg[/url] I topped mine off with a 3-9 Leupold compact and a set of P Series mounts, and a sling from WalMart. Unless I decide to upgrade the trigger at some point, I think I'm finished with mine.[/quote] That is NOT an ugly rifle. I think its very nice looking, you did a good job with the build!