Beretta fed up with Maryland

While they might be making a statement by announcing that they will be expanding elsewhere, imagine how much more power it would have if they actually put some teeth in the deal. If the state wants to trample over them, their employees, the citizens and the Constitution then the message ought to be that they will be expanding elsewhere and once operational in the new facility they will be shutting down the remainder of the Maryland based production and moving it to wherever the new location is. They could even go so far as to offer the Maryland employees priority position at the new location. It may not be enough to keep lining Maryland's pockets and just not expanding, even taking all the money away may not be enough but if they couple the lost revenue with hundreds (or thousands) of pissed unemployed citizens, they might get some attention. Honestly we as gun enthusiast look at this as a big deal because we would hate to lose a firearms manufacturer but in a state like Maryland they might say good riddance unless the loss not only has some tooth to it but rather has a big set of fangs. 

Remington also had the chance to make a statement such as this and unless I missed something chose to turn their head and pretend it wasn't happening. I know some firearms and accessory companies did this but they should all have stated that not only would they not conduct their business within the borders of these communist states but also would not be selling to any local, state or federal department or agency within those states that choose to unconstitutionally prohibit it's citizens from owning certain firearms, magazines and accessories. Imagine if they had all taken this stance, what if the ammo manufactures stepped in as well? Yes sure it would put some that fulfill a lot of gov. contracts, out of business if the states had gone through with it anyways but.. I dare say that if they all had banded together it would have put the brakes on most of this foolishness and the few companies that resided in states that went forward could have relocated. If you think about it they would be better off most likely. Not only would they get to move to a state that valued their presence but chances are that the taxes and other costs of doing business would be cheaper in a non communist state. Just my  :2cents: .

• 2 weeks later...

I can respect Beretta's move to remain in Maryland but it is to keep their employees working and not to help Maryland. They are thinking of their employees and I can respect that. At least any expansions they have planned will not benefit Maryland and will provide new jobs in new states. If Maryland does anything else that may put in jeopardy their operation I am sure Beretta will make necessary changes accordingly.....jmho

The "10rd magazine limit makes us safer" is a complete joke.

The Virginia Tech massacre was done with a Glock 9mm with 10rd mags (according to Wikipedia) and a Walther P22, which looks like it also has 10rd capacity.

Cho killed 32 people and injured 17 with those two guns and "low capacity mags."

Someone needs to remind this douche governor of that fact to show him his ignorance. Edited by JohnC

I can respect Beretta's move to remain in Maryland but it is to keep their employees working and not to help Maryland. They are thinking of their employees and I can respect that. At least any expansions they have planned will not benefit Maryland and will provide new jobs in new states. If Maryland does anything else that may put in jeopardy their operation I am sure Beretta will make necessary changes accordingly.....jmho

Beretta can best help their employees by offering them a chance to relocate to a state with less taxes and more freedom.

• Like 2