Congress Warned of Potential for Citizen Revolt

slip off topic a minute.

You know guys, I'm about sick of what's been going on for past 5 yrs just like most of you.

I had Drudge as my home page for a long time and changed it not long after the king was selected to Weasel Zippers. Now if you don't follow WZ I'll have you know that he exposes the left-wing-hatred and hypocrisy on a daily basis. It can be depressing at times but it's usually news you won't read elsewhere. WZ also lets you know what's going on in Iraq and offers up some excellent photos and videos of our troops.

Anyway, I found myself just getting upset over all this crap in the news and decided last week to make http://allenwestrepublic.com/ my home page and have adopted him as my President. 

I can already feel a sense of hope. 

Carry on.  :usa:

He's certainly freed up to run.  I'm doubling your vote.

Guest TankerHC

A portion of the Declaration of Independence:

" . . . Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. . . . "

We are a long way from Despotism, on the verge of a Dictatorship since Obama does not feel it necessary to consult Congress about anything and when he does they just hand it to him in most cases. Fortunately our system still works, it's getting the people to use it that is the problem. 

Edited by TankerHC
Guest TNSovereignty

We are a long way from Despotism, on the verge of a Dictatorship since Obama does not feel it necessary to consult Congress about anything and when he does they just hand it to him in most cases. Fortunately our system still works, it's getting the people to use it that is the problem. 

Tanker - Great quote from the Declaration.  It's helpful to define terms, however, as I think we're actually on the cusp of despotism, if not already there.  Despotism has always inferred absolute power by a single ruler.  I think the term, however, needs to adapt to modern tyrant-tactics; today it is a group of autocrats who exercise absolute power via a centralized state.  Thus, the autocrats have subverted the constitution while using it to their advantage.  Sure, we still have so-called balance of power, but what good is that when all three branches are ruled by autocrats?  I'm persuaded the present-day tyrants will not allow any election cycle to undermine the power, and Americans are too apathetic to notice the minimal difference between the two autocratic parties.  It's the best the tyrants could hope for ... centralized power is theirs - they regulate our food through the USDA, govern our property through the EPA & others, and now own health care, which essentially encompasses every area of our life.  Obama is a wannabe tyrant, but he's really not much more dangerous than many others who aspire to be President (e.g. Christie).  Obama is just more brazen ... Americans prefer their tyrants to be more gentlemanly as they're ramming a fid up their backside.  

Like in the revolutionary times, there are those who bow to authority and will take the wrong side because of mistaken

trust, and possibly more saddening reasons. I'm glad you put that quote up, also, Tanker. Maybe, one of these days,

enough people will realize how important that stuff is and quit patronizing idiots, like those who aspire to rule over us.

We are better than that.

Our despotism has been on a slow, steady course for a long time. Incrementalism usually works with people not paying

attention. When it becomes obvious, a group of people just cave. It's the rest that I'm hoping will become active, and

take what they own, back.

They have also been quite careful to avoid looking like regular despotism and keep some of the trappings of liberty. Sharp uniforms and goose stepping and disappearing dissidents is off the table in the modern soft tyranny. Payroll deductions and QE rather than looting.

Edited by tnguy