Congress Warned of Potential for Citizen Revolt

So the government is going to be overthrown because of Obama care? Give me a break.

If the government is overthrown so is the Constitution; it becomes a worthless piece of paper. That won’t happen.

Now I won’t rule out an economic collapse of the government. But then everyone loses.

I hate Obama and his ideas as much as anyone; but not enough to turn my back on my country.
  • Like 5

So the government is going to be overthrown because of Obama care? Give me a break.If the government is overthrown so is the Constitution; it becomes a worthless piece of paper. That won’t happen.Now I won’t rule out an economic collapse of the government. But then everyone loses.I hate Obama and his ideas as much as anyone; but not enough to turn my back on my country.

<END THREAD>

Well said DaveTN.

I do like seeing this stuff come up more and more in the media though, people are waking up... Edited by TrickyNicky
  • Like 1
Guest TresOsos

I don't consider the Federal Government the "country" esspecially when it does not obey the Constitution.

The people are the country, the government is in power only because we the people allow them to be.

(at least in theory that's how it's suppose to work)

Obamacare may not be the cause, but just one of many contributing factors that may have unintended consequenses.

Edited by TresOsos
  • Moderators

So the government is going to be overthrown because of Obama care? Give me a break.

If the government is overthrown so is the Constitution; it becomes a worthless piece of paper. That won’t happen.

Now I won’t rule out an economic collapse of the government. But then everyone loses.

I hate Obama and his ideas as much as anyone; but not enough to turn my back on my country.

The Constitution already is a worthless piece of paper. If the Constitution actually held any power, we would not have the government that we do. Once again I shall quote Lysander Spooner,

“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”
  • Like 1
Fear men of character not characters especially our elected turds that can't balance a budget or focus on anything besides "swapping 9's". Go daddy can build a site and give swimsuit shots of Danica Patrick for 69 bucks. But for over 300 million spent no one can sign up for free health care except for the 180k out of 300 million.
Yeah boys we've got some characters in DC the only thing to fear is their stupidity...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

More likely, a serious outbreak of civil disobedience. Don't go thinking that it's impossible to reach a tipping point. The kingdom doesn't have the resources to enforce their BS unless there is large scale compliance. A viral outbreak of disobedience would overwhelm them. Got nothing to do with shooting folks that may deserve it.

• Like 3
TresOsos is correct. Federal government and the state government are two separate entities with respect to civil disobedience. The federal government will be collecting more taxes of yours and doing nothing but wasting on crap websites and vacations. Just because you chose to ignore the federal side of the government doesn't mean the state side should go with it.
  • Like 1

A portion of the Declaration of Independence:

" . . . Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. . . . "

• Like 8
I would also highlight that the colonies petitioned England for more than a decade before the start of the revolution to resolve those grievances....only when they realized their voices no longer mattered did they take another course of action....
  • Like 5
Guest TNSovereignty

I would also highlight that the colonies petitioned England for more than a decade before the start of the revolution to resolve those grievances....only when they realized their voices no longer mattered did they take another course of action....

Yes.  And while they were petitioning, many were disobeying the king.  Wherever possible, many were withholding taxes by working the black market.  Many recognized the futility of the status quo, so they met together to seriously debate the values and risks of sedition against the most powerful nation on earth.  

This is not about Obamacare, but about "a long train of abuses and usurpations."  And constitutionalists have grievances that go back much further than a decade.  

Not disagreeing with you at all...If anything I agree...just clarifying as some I have encountered are not aware that our founders vigorously attempted for many years to peacefully resolve their problems with England....most history books don't tend to make that point...
  • Like 1
Guest TNSovereignty

Not disagreeing with you at all...If anything I agree...just clarifying as some I have encountered are not aware that our founders vigorously attempted for many years to peacefully resolve their problems with England....most history books don't tend to make that point...

Jacob - read you LC ... I'm completely onboard w/ your thoughts & am not advocating open rebellion either.  But there needs to be a lot more passive resistance while we work our political system.  I'm just trying to point out that while the colonists were vigorously working to peacefully resolve the political crisis, many were also involved in civil disobedience as they debated "what's next if this doesn't work?"  

Yesterday's patriot pledged his life & sacred honor.  Today's patriot would wring his hands over the risk of losing his smartphone & DirecTV.

State government is just as bad if not worse...  if you're going to toss one out might as well toss the other one at while you're at it.  Remember after the first one, the rest are free.

TresOsos is correct. Federal government and the state government are two separate entities with respect to civil disobedience. The federal government will be collecting more taxes of yours and doing nothing but wasting on crap websites and vacations. Just because you chose to ignore the federal side of the government doesn't mean the state side should go with it.

More likely, a serious outbreak of civil disobedience. Don't go thinking that it's impossible to reach a tipping point. The kingdom doesn't have the resources to enforce their BS unless there is large scale compliance. A viral outbreak of disobedience would overwhelm them. Got nothing to do with shooting folks that may deserve it.

Yuup...not every rebellion must be an armed one the fed threatening or using force to get compliance will ultimately fail.

In my opinion if the Federal Government if dissolved or goes broke as people begin to quit supporting it we need to keep the State Governments intact to maintain order with the warning that they can also be replaced if they fail to listen to the people such as the Federal Government did. There must be order at the state level or it will be total unrest across the entire country. There was colonies before their was states and those Colonies had a form of Government to maintain an organized move forward into statehood after the Revolutionary War. Once the Federal Government has been removed the states can then create a new Federal Government Of the People and By the People and For the People and this time it WILL BE CONTROLLED by the People.......................jmho

Guest Riciticky

You don't hate him as much as I do!

This link would serve to reinforce the idea that people in this country are trying to do all possible to get this govt back under control:

http://www.idahoreporter.com/2013/amending-u-s-constitution-attention-idaho/

I think as this ACA starts to negatively affect more Americans, you will start to see more outcry for this crap to stop....and it may very well evolve into civil disobedience....we can only hope the politicians will wise up and do their jobs the way the Constitution directs them...