PSA deal on upper, $395 opinions

seez52

PSA is running a daily deal on 16" uppers with 12" free float rail, any opinions on these and or the price?

I've sort of been wanting a mid length gas system gun on a 16" bbl, but was leaning more toward a HBAR weight bbl. This one I guess pretty much does the same thing just has the M4 Style bbl and a carbine length gas system under the rail. I've got BCG and charging handles laying around so that not a big issue.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/m4-ss12g2-16-cmv-chrome-lined-stripped-railed-upper-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html?utm_source=Copy+of+Days+of+Christmas+Deals+Start+NOW&utm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email

I've never had a forend like this one, it is smooth with only a rail on the top. I've got a 20" AR with the 4 rail forend and even with covers I still don't like the feel.

• Like 1
I considered buying that but am being patient and waiting for the $399-$425 complete upper with BCG and CH that they have every few weeks. I missed out on a deal last week, think it was Wednesday when they had it. But I grabbed a blem PSA Magpul lower before they sold out.
I'm also curious what others experience is with PSA uppers, in particular their PTAC uppers. I picked this up for $299 today!

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/complete-uppers/16/ptac-16-m4-1-9-m4-upper-with-ar-15-8620-bcg-and-charging-handle-15196.html

I've got a few stripped lowers that I picked up from AIM when they were on sale a few months ago. I also picked up a complete LPK with buffer and stock on sale at PSA a few weeks ago. I still need a rear sight, but its looking like I'll have just a tad over $500 in this build when I'm done. Obviously this isn't a high end shooter, but I think it'll make a good lightweight plinker that I won't worry about getting scratched up.

Most of the PSA Premium chrome lined and Hammer forged Barrels are sourced from FN. If the upper uses an FN barrel it's usually stated in the ad type as shown below.

Barrel:  A proprietary blend of Hammer forged chrome molly vanadium made by FN that is referred to as "Machine Gun Steel" by virtue of its use in FN's M249 and M240 weapons.   The hammer forging process work hardens the steel, making it more durable.  In addition, the chrome process for the bore allows for a lining almost twice as thick as a standard M16 for enhanced durability.  Chambered in 5.56 NATO, with a 1/7 twist, M4 barrel extension, and a Rifle gas system.   A2 style profile is Mil-spec phosphate coated, MP and HP tested.  Barrel is finished off with an F-marked front sight post with sling swivel, and A2 flash hider.

Barrel:  16" Chrome-lined, chrome moly vanadium.  Chambered in 5.56 NATO, with a 1/7 twist, M4 barrel extension, and a carbine-length gas system.   The M4 profile barrel is high pressure tested and magnetic particle inspected and then phosphate coated.  Barrel is finished off with an .750" diameter F-marked front sight base with sling swivel, standard hand guards and an A2 flash hider.  Barrel is made for us right here in SC by FN Manufacturing.

Edited by 2.ooohhh