Dont want to sound too stupid :(

Guest jps37033

Guest canynracer

Just make sure your gun can handle the +p loads.

if so, alternate...one reg old hollowpoint, then one +p, hollowpoint, +p

why? I have NO IDEA, I am thinking either/both of them will work just fine but some just think +p means all out better...meh.....

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what is wrong with a 9mm? i sure wouldnt want to be hit with one.

Its that ever so lasting argument about which is better.

There isnt anything wrong with 9mm. You've just got some of those macho types out there that have to have the biggest heaviest thing out there. Theres also the myth of "one shot stopping power."

Now, I have a 1911 and a USP in .45... I carry both. But, i also carry my 9mm's quite a bit too. When i need concealability i pick up my 1911 or my HK P7... when i really could give a rats arse its the USP or the Sig 226. :slapfight:

In reality, the deadliest weapon is what your proficient with.

Not the latest and greatest boom stick in Handgunner magazine that kills everything in a 100 foot radius just by pulling the bang button.

Does a .45 have a lot more power than a 9mm? Sure it does. But, each cartridge has its place.

Want a freight train of a round thats going to penetrate deep? Grap a .45... want an ungodly amount of bullets and something thats going to penetrate decently? Grab a 9mm.

Edited by sling

+P ammo began with an attempt to boost the velocity of the .38 Spl.It worked too.The 158 gr LSWC +P is still the best .38 defense load IMNSHMFO.+P loads in other calibers look good on paper but in reality recoil harder and have more muzzle blast which leads to slower follow up shots if needed.Again just MMFO.

what is wrong with a 9mm? i sure wouldnt want to be hit with one.

Nothing wrong with it. Just some guys need to compensate by having everything else in their lives the biggest they can get. :) Last I checked , stops by 9mm are almost identical to .45 etc. Ball ammo is the differrence. In that case the .50 GI is the best.:koolaid:

Guest jps37033

I would rather have a .22 LR silver tip, high velocity, mega wad, copper trinium expandable to 5.5" upon impact with the extractor blade. Can pick those up at wally world for $45 a box.

:koolaid: