2014 Off Season Support Group Deer Season Thread

Hey, it doesn't have to be a difficult shot to be a good shot! I'll take an easy shot any day! That's cool you were able to watch her come in from so far away. They really gets the heart pumping when they start heading to you.

For sure. Three does entered the field and hung out for a while and two split off back into the woods but for some reason this one kept coming my direction alone and then bang. Worked out well since the other two were not as big and I would have passed on them. There were two other does I had already let walk about thirty minutes prior. I only had one doe tag and was holding out for the right one.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Guest Wesley33
Posted Image

I was finally able to get into the woods. I took this 8 point buck yesterday morning. I have been hunting on this plot of land for over 15 years now and with deployments and other training, this it the 1st time that I have hunted it in the past 3 years. Needless to say, I saw more deer moving than I have ever seen. I saw at least 15 does, a spike, a 4 point, and a nice 6 point. I passed on the smaller bucks, but I couldn't pass on this one. I also shot a very nice doe as well. We will be eating well for a little while.

Sorry for the crappy picture though. My phone literally died after I snapped this pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guest Wesley33

It appears in the picture that he used an RPG or something similar. :stunned:

Nice buck!

Lol...yeah it looks worse than it actually was. I used a .270. The deer rolled a couple of times down the hill after I shot him which explains the bloody mess.

I shot him around 7:30. He came into the field at a trot chasing after one of the does and never slowed down until he was about 200 yards away.

2ugape9u.jpg

I was finally able to get into the woods. I took this 8 point buck yesterday morning. I have been hunting on this plot of land for over 15 years now and with deployments and other training, this it the 1st time that I have hunted it in the past 3 years. Needless to say, I saw more deer moving than I have ever seen. I saw at least 15 does, a spike, a 4 point, and a nice 6 point. I passed on the smaller bucks, but I couldn't pass on this one. I also shot a very nice doe as well. We will be eating well for a little while.

Sorry for the crappy picture though. My phone literally died after I snapped this pic.

Nice!

Dave

Posted Image

Nice buck!!! Ugh i have got to get back out there.

Yesterday I took my Savage Mod.170 .35 Rem., First time its gone this year.

Well a little before 8 this small 4 point (little scrub) comes troting across the field. Before I can get the gun on him he

is in a small thicket, through it and in two the second field. Still moving along pretty good while as I'm raising the rifle, I holler HEY, he pauses for a moment. Alright gun is up and pointing, he is still troting away so I holler HEY. He stops and throws his head up and looks around. Gives me just enough time to draw a bead and squeeze off a shot ........................................................................

bang flop hits the ground drags himself maybe ten yds. Thats it, those 200gr Rem cor locs do a number.

Don't have a pic, but there is a picture of said rifle in the .35 Rem thread.

Since Sun, I have taken three deer with three different rifles.

Edited by Sidinman
  • Like 3

Had this guy on trailcam but was a 10 pointer then. Shot him this morning and now he's a 9 pointer (broken tine). He must have been fighting off them other deer. He was out doggin some doe's. Dropped him at 100 or so yards.

[URL=http://s525.photobucket.com/user/bean962/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20131202_081932_zps20f6eedf.jpg.html]20131202_081932_zps20f6eedf.jpg[/URL]

• Like 6

Not really sure but when I field dressed him and loaded him in my truck by myself I thought he was 1,000 lbs lol. No I figured he dressed out at 150 or so but not really sure. He was a really big deer.

Edited by ShaunM
  • Like 2

Had this guy on trailcam but was a 10 pointer then. Shot him this morning and now he's a 9 pointer (broken tine). He must have been fighting off them other deer. He was out doggin some doe's. Dropped him at 100 or so yards.

20131202_081932_zps20f6eedf.jpg

Nice buck Shaun.  I love the width on that rack. :up: