Shooter in Chattanooga

Hi, all! My name is Alfonso.

I've been shooting handguns for a couple of years now. I carry a Sig Sauer 1911 c3 that my wife gave me as a present (wife of the year, huh?!). Between my wife and I, we also own a Glock 26, Ruger Mark II, Ruger LCR .357, and will soon own a Ruger 10/22 Takedown (currently on layaway!) To get ourselves acquainted with rifle shooting. After that, I'd like to someday own a VZ 58 and a full-size 1911. Surely more guns will pique my interest eventually, but that's what I'm currently keeping an eye on for the next couple of years.

I'm interested in shooting IDPA, though I've yet to participate in a match. I'm also interested in learning about reloading, specifically .45 Auto to save me some money on the gun I shoot the most.

I'm here to learn and find some shooting buddies.

welcome!

I would be happy to help if you need hands-on reloading support, or if you ask here you get plenty of help from many, there are tons of old threads on what to buy etc kicking around.  Also sportsmans warehouse has a very basic how-to class with Q&A after that might be worth a look.   Buying most anything except 22 or bottom shelf 9mm / 223 / etc saves a bunch of money per round fired.  45 will get you more than 50% savings for better quality ammo than the "cheap" 45 practice stuff. 

• Like 1

Welcome from Ooltewah.

You mention you are interested in IDPA. The Cleveland IDPA match (Cleveland Hunting Rifle and Pistol Club) is the 3rd weekend every month. So it will be this weekend. There is a match at the Chattanooga Rifle club the 2nd Sunday of each month. And the 4th Saturday of each month they do a match in Dayton at "The Ridge" . Plenty of opportunities to shoot IDPA in the area. 

• Like 1

welcome!

I would be happy to help if you need hands-on reloading support, or if you ask here you get plenty of help from many, there are tons of old threads on what to buy etc kicking around.  Also sportsmans warehouse has a very basic how-to class with Q&A after that might be worth a look.   Buying most anything except 22 or bottom shelf 9mm / 223 / etc saves a bunch of money per round fired.  45 will get you more than 50% savings for better quality ammo than the "cheap" 45 practice stuff.

Yeah, I heard about the Sportsman's Warehouse event the other day (while putting that 10/22 on layaway) and have made plans to go for sure. I'll be looking up some of those old threads on reloading once I get my gear up and ready sometime next year.

Welcome from Ooltewah.

You mention you are interested in IDPA. The Cleveland IDPA match (Cleveland Hunting Rifle and Pistol Club) is the 3rd weekend every month. So it will be this weekend. There is a match at the Chattanooga Rifle club the 2nd Sunday of each month. And the 4th Saturday of each month they do a match in Dayton at "The Ridge" . Plenty of opportunities to shoot IDPA in the area.

Dang, that's a lot of matches!! Thanks for the heads up!

---

Thanks for the warm welcome, all!