BSA Red Dot Opinion

Anybody have an opinion (from 1st hand exerience) about cheapo red dot scopes, specifically the BSA that WW sells? This isn't going to be for home defense or anything life protecting just for a plinking gun. Don't tell me to buy an Eotech or other high end sights, I can't afford them right now.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both an Eotech and a BSA(Bass Pro version). The only problem I've had with the BSA is in bright sunlight and light colored targets, the dot washes out, or blends in with the target. The Eotech is much brighter. But for $39, get the BSA and try it. For indoor ranges or dark targets it works fine for me.

Guest Bronker
Or...you could just go buy me the Eotech and I'll let you borrow it. ;)

Whew, boy! You know where I live...can't afford that kind of stuff.

Need to talk to Jcochran88, he's the one buying up gun-stuff right and left.

You already know If I buy another "toy" I'll be visiting a divorce attorney!:up::D

i have a few red dots, i love them. i have a Bushnell 30mm (~$60), a Millett SP-1 (~$100), a real cheapy BSA 30mm from walmart (~$30), and i like the Bushnell about the best for the money. i will say that the Millett is awesome and will take a beating and keep on ticking. the BSA is a good red dot also, it tracks and functions just as good as any of them, but i just dont like the looks of the scope itself as it has the weaver mounts built into it, not a ring type setup like the Bushnell and Millett. i think thats just my personal preference though.

I have a Bass Pro version of a BSA type of red dot.

Think it was 30 bucks, has 11 levels of brightness and

30mm I think.

It's mounted on my Remington Fieldmaster Pump .22...

Holds zero fine, and if I close this distance to about 20

yards the zero works good enough for my son to shoot

broken clays with CeeBee shorts.