Hendersonville gun show November 16 & 17

It's ten dollars, they are all to expensive nowdays. ( in my view not worth the price of addmision.)

Went yesterday, ok show a lot of unrelated gun tables setup but I didn't see any beany babies, but I did see jerky.

Prices on guns seemed ok for now days, there was some outragious pricing at a reloading supplies table

to left in the back.

It's was rediculious.

Personally, 20 plus years ago you could go to a show and find some good deals.

Now days they are just as bad as retail outlets, however they do have some odd stuff you

don't find in retail shops. Seems the only way to really get a good deal is to shop online and

do transfers.

Some of what you say is true, but as far as gun shows in our area, it's the best gun show in Middle Tennessee.

Edited by TripleDigitRide

And that my friend is sad.

It's a great place to go if you're interested in putting several items in your hand before making a purchase. It's a great place to go if you're looking for items that aren't as easily found in other places. It's not a good place to go if you're expecting to find yard sale prices. 

More often that not, I am a price shopper. I generally find it well worth the $10 to make sure I REALLY want something before I buy it online. The problem is, some people are under the impression gun shows were created as some type of swap-o-rama, where you should be able to find everyone giving everything away for pennies on the dollar.

While there are always those who price their items above retail, I never have a problem finding those who are selling at "fair" prices. I've even found some great deals at below retail. 

Until someone opens a local retail store that allows me the opportunity to put as many items in my hand as some of the local gun shows, I'll gladly blow $10 if I'm in the market for something.

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 1

It's a great place to go if you're interested in putting several items in your hand before making a purchase. It's a great place to go if you're looking for items that aren't as easily found in other places. It's not a good place to go if you're expecting to find yard sale prices. 

More often that not, I am a price shopper. I generally find it well worth the $10 to make sure I REALLY want something before I buy it online. The problem is, some people are under the impression gun shows were created as some type of swap-o-rama, where you should be able to find everyone giving everything away for pennies on the dollar.

While there are always those who price their items above retail, I never have a problem finding those who are selling at "fair" prices. I've even found some great deals at below retail. 

Until someone opens a local retail store that allows me the opportunity to put as many items in my hand as some of the local gun shows, I'll gladly blow $10 if I'm in the market for something.

And that's the winning answer!!

I go to look.  Sometimes to try and sell. Mostly just to get a handle on pricing before I buy. Buying new at a gun show can be very risky these days.

You really need to know exactly what you want, what it's worth (to you, not retail pricing), and be capable of overcoming impulse buying.

Sounds good and easy doesn't it?

I usually suck at it.

I went this afternoon. As everyone said, there were a lot of tables, but a lot of junk as well. I got a good deal on some mini 14 mags, a Mora kniv (kinfe), and on some powder from our very own Sam, but David was missing in action. I didn't find much else that piqued my interest.

I figure I can pay the admission and get a bit of entertainment cheaper than driving on to Ashland City, or paying the going prices at our local stores for reloading supplies, on the off chance they actually have anything I'm looking for in stock.

There was another table there selling reloading supplies at crazy prices.

Edited by gregintenn

I saw 1000 round cases of Wolf 7.62x39 for $255 after tax, Wolf 500 round cases of 223 for $155 after tax, and what I thought were some other good prices on ammo.

I really think if you are buying at a show you need to compare prices between venders. I saw a HK P30 for $999 at one table and $769 just a few rows over. Same thing with the Scar 17. It was $2999 one place and $2669 at another.

I saw a couple nice Pythons but they were above my budget for today.

I didn't bring any new toys home but really enjoyed the show.

Guest TresOsos

That was the reloading supplies I was talking about, I could buy cheaper going to a store and paying retail.

The other one, Sam I guess, prices were ok....not great, just did not have anything I was looking for.

I'm just jaded, I remember the old shows out at the fairgrounds, late 80's early 90's.

2 buildings full sometimes overflowing into a 3rd, prices always cheaper than you could

get at a local shop. Vendors selling cast bullets, multiple reloading supply vendors.

Now its the local shops setting up tables and charging their same old retail prices or higher.

I know Clinton putting 200K plus dealers out of business didn't help the situation.

That was the reloading supplies I was talking about, I could buy cheaper going to a store and paying retail.

The other one, Sam I guess, prices were ok....not great, just did not have anything I was looking for.

I'm just jaded, I remember the old shows out at the fairgrounds, late 80's early 90's.

2 buildings full sometimes overflowing into a 3rd, prices always cheaper than you could

get at a local shop. Vendors selling cast bullets, multiple reloading supply vendors.

Now its the local shops setting up tables and charging their same old retail prices or higher.

I know Clinton putting 200K plus dealers out of business didn't help the situation.

Those days are gone. I'd like to get some more ten cent a round Chinese 7.62x39, and $150 M1 carbines, but it ain't gonna happen.

as far as shows go around here Hendersonville is not too bad.
if you want a good show go to Tulsa gun show its worth the drive
if you are looking for bargins look for estate sales best way to buy cheap
the days of 150.00 carbines are like .39 cent a pound hamburger
20 years from now people will think we got it cheap
for those of you in middle tn the 3 day black Friday gunshow in Knoxville
is the best show in tn come on down bring your wife go to the gunshow and the outlet malls
gunshows like everything else are not for everybody you can always find anything cheaper
more of it or something else there just not for everyone
I liken it to trade days of old I have bought houses cars and dogs at gunshows and see old and new friens
every time I go so for me and most of the people I know that's what gunshows are about

as far as shows go around here Hendersonville is not too bad.
if you want a good show go to Tulsa gun show its worth the drive
if you are looking for bargins look for estate sales best way to buy cheap
the days of 150.00 carbines are like .39 cent a pound hamburger
20 years from now people will think we got it cheap
for those of you in middle tn the 3 day black Friday gunshow in Knoxville
is the best show in tn come on down bring your wife go to the gunshow and the outlet malls
gunshows like everything else are not for everybody you can always find anything cheaper
more of it or something else there just not for everyone
I liken it to trade days of old I have bought houses cars and dogs at gunshows and see old and new friens
every time I go so for me and most of the people I know that's what gunshows are about :up: