Good Luck!

Well tomorrow is opening day of Deer season with Muzzleloader. I want to wish all my fellow TGO'rs that are hunting this weekend...Good Luck and please be SAFE!

1. Know your target and what lies beyond.

2. Make sure someone knows where you are, and knows when you expect to return home.

3. Have a plan in place should you not return home and can't be contacted.

4. Have all your proper permits and permission slips (if applicable)

5. Wear your safety harness at all times while in a tree stand and while climbing up/down the tree.

6. Climb down if getting sleepy.

7. Don't pee on yourself.

8. Orange vest and hats are REQUIRED BY LAW. Don't forget them!

9. If you walk past the same tree more than twice your lost. Sit down, take a deep breath and start all over again! Stay hydrated!

10. yada yada yada.

Good luck and be safe! Remember....if you have no pictures....it didn't happen!

Post your pics on the Muzzleloader thread.

DaveS

• Like 1
Good post. But.... What I'm more surprised by is that DaveS has a post that I agree with every single word ;) Just giving you a hard time man, good luck tomorrow everyone! Please, be safe. My dad had a tree stand incident years ago that could've left him paralyzed easily (hanging by both legs then falling from 15 feet on your head) but he came away with only 2 broken legs and ankles. No real fault, just equipment failure. Check your equipment fellas! Edited by KKing
  • Like 1

Good post. But.... What I'm more surprised by is that DaveS has a post that I agree with every single word ;) Just giving you a hard time man, good luck tomorrow everyone! Please, be safe. My dad had a tree stand incident years ago that could've left him paralyzed easily (hanging by both legs then falling from 15 feet on your head) but he came away with only 2 broken legs and ankles. No real fault, just equipment failure. Check your equipment fellas!

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Tree stand safety is something we don't much think about and take for granted. I had an incident 3 years ago where I was climbing down the tree and my stand slipped sideways, I lost my balance and came out of the tree. I only fell about 8 foot and landed on my feet and rolled my left ankle and broke it. No fun at all and I was about a 3/4 mile from my car. A very long and painful walk! Had I had my safety harness on, that would have never happened. I hate hunting by myself, because anything can happen and a good hunting buddy in the area is priceless! But still, I go out.

Think Safe...Be Safe!

DaveS

Edited by DaveS

I have the 4 wheeler loaded up and ready to go.  Looking forward to getting out in the morning.   I don't bow hunt, so this is my first time out this year.  Looking forward to a nice crisp morning.

Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

I saw 10 does, a button buck, and a 5 pointer.  I took the 5 pointer just to get a little summer sausage made.  It should be good meat, he was probably only a year and half old, but not a bad body.

I was just sitting on the ground next to a large rock and had 7 of the does come within 25-30 yds. They were active.  2 of them probably played for 30 minutes in the field below me just running around having a good time.  Glad to have the deer dropped off at the processor and everything cleaned up though.

My little guy:

deer.jpg

• Like 2

I saw 10 does, a button buck, and a 5 pointer.  I took the 5 pointer just to get a little summer sausage made.  It should be good meat, he was probably only a year and half old, but not a bad body.

I was just sitting on the ground next to a large rock and had 7 of the does come within 25-30 yds. They were active.  2 of them probably played for 30 minutes in the field below me just running around having a good time.  Glad to have the deer dropped off at the processor and everything cleaned up though.

My little guy:

deer.jpg

Congrats Hozzie! That buck should be some good eating!

DaveS