FDA says "NO TRANS FATS FOR YOU"

Raoul

My wife and I were just watching this... When did the government decide it could dictate what I eat? freakin' idiots..

A long time ago, while you and I weren't watching. This really isn't new, just the latest thing.

The FDA regulates all kinds of products you can and cannot consume.

Yeah, and this is the slippery slope everyone talks about. The precedent is set that they can arbitrarily restrict things they think are bad for you. They'll just keep doing this until I'm having to mine my own salt and harvest my own coffee beans. Booze will be their target soon enough, which is why I'm making my own now.
  • Like 2

Yeah, and this is the slippery slope everyone talks about. The precedent is set that they can arbitrarily restrict things they think are bad for you. They'll just keep doing this until I'm having to mine my own salt and harvest my own coffee beans. Booze will be their target soon enough, which is why I'm making my own now.

Anyone should be able to consume anything they want so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. If I want to destroy my body it is my choice and I do not need anyone else to save me from myself.

• Like 4
Guest ThePunisher

It began with motorcycle helmets, then seat belts, over taxed tobacco, forced auto insurance, forced health insurance, now a food, I'm tired of this new freedom!

Next will be forced anal inspections to see that you are not hiding something from the tyrants.

I am sorta torn.  I hate the nanny crap but without it, the cheapest stuff goes into food and its hard to get decent stuff.  I wish they would ban or tax high fructose corn filler, so that it costs more to put that in than real ingredients.   Things like that are so cheap, and everyone wants cheap, so its all the stores carry, so its all you can find.....  sigh