Obama's latest EO

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

I was watching PBS this afternoon and they were discussing Obama's latest EO. I had not heard of it before although I did hear of the new Environmental laws coming into play. Anyway, this is what the host was discussing with an Obama guy. And I will add I was sort of in and out of zombie mode trying to pay attention sitting here all day waiting on a phone call.

According to the way I heard it. This executive order gives the President the right to withhold specific funds in a bill. it will apply to everything from a small one man business to a small town to major cities and major corporations, everybody.

This executive order creates a team that will scour bills where entities are requesting money. If someone from this team decides the request can damage the environment, they contact the entity. Example they gave, a small town has their Congressman add a request for funding in a bill for road repairs, the team then sends people out to speak to the mayor about being in compliance with new environmental laws. if the town/mayor has a plan of action to stay in compliance, then they get the money, if not, Obama himself can withhold the funds until they come into compliance. The town/mayor then would have a right to appeal to Congress but the President would still retain the power to withhold funding.

When asked if they believed this EO has teeth, "Absolutely, its the law".

Plus, said the Obama enforcer, it will help people by insuring they stay in compliance.

I don't know what that sounds like to anyone else, but to me it sounds like Obama gave himself line item veto power through an Executive Order.

When asked if they believed this EO has teeth, "Absolutely, its the law".   

I was not aware the president had the power to make laws. I thought that power was reserved for congress. will there be an America left when this guy leaves office?

Referring to this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/01/obama-creates-climate-change-task-force/

Rather unclear exactly what it means in real world action thus far, seems. But of course no Hussein EO bodes well.

Here's the EO itself:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/11/01/executive-order-preparing-united-states-impacts-climate-change

- OS

Guest ThePunisher
[quote name="glock55" post="1058397" timestamp="1383544668"

will there be an America left when this guy leaves office?[/quote]

No to America, yes to Amerika.
Guest Bassman17SC

Rather unclear exactly what it means in real world action thus far, seems. But of course no Hussein EO bodes well.

- OS

Oh Shoot, it means another attack on the 10th Amendment and thus, the Constitution.  Their ultimate goal is to render constitutional governance irrelevant and replace it with...well, you know.

Edited by Bassman17SC

Referring to this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/01/obama-creates-climate-change-task-force/

- OS

Knoxville's Mayor is one of the 14 mentioned in that article.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/2013/11/01/mayor-rogero-to-serve-on-obama-taskforce-on-climate-change/3349823/

I'd rather have a fool than a tyrant.

In my opinion you could pick about 90% of the politicians in Washington DC right now and you would either get a tyrant or a fool so good luck finding someone that could replace both of them...............jmho

I remember reading somewhere about how the EPA has seized regulatory powers that it was not granted back in tbe 60s and 70s by Congress but I cant remember the exact source...that reading went into detail of how Congress basically "allows" the executive branch latitude of enforcement but that latitude over time has extended into basically legislating and adding powers that do not exist under the original bills or acts as passed by Congress...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Is this not impeachable?

Obama does not have the power to make law nor does he have the power of the purse. The House has the power of the purse.

When is this madness going to end?

http://history.house.gov/Institution/Origins-Development/Power-of-the-Purse/

We're way past impeachment with this guy. Mr. Thompson just enacted Directive 10-289. He thinks he made Congress

irrelevant. Maybe he has.

You can make arguments for impeachment and you could possibly charge him with treason, but racism will be his savior.

Valerie Jarret or someone else is seeing to his reign and protecting him from all of it. Remember, Roosevelt wiped gold

ownership away with the stroke of the same pen(EO) and no one did anything for decades until Gerald Ford.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec13/talev_11-03.html

This isnt law. It reads like Obama exerting more control over the EPA, which already is under the executive branch.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

You know that. I know that, but how many in the middle will allow that? Millions.

Anyway, he already has absolute control over the entity known as the EPA being

the President.

Edited by 6.8 AR
The intentions of our Forefathers was for the government to fear and work for the People...and that has long since faded. If you started talking impeachment on a national level, they'd probably detain you under domestic terrorism and you'd disappear.
[quote name="6.8 AR" post="1058604" timestamp="1383587265"] You know that. I know that, but how many in the middle will allow that? Millions. Anyway, he already has absolute control over the entity known as the EPA being the President.[/quote]I guess what I am saying is that I don't see him exerting any authority he didn't already have with this. This EO is just him providing clear, public direction to the EPA. There are many things Obama has done that I think may be impeachable over, and most of those have been made public via Snowden's leaks. This isn't one of them. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD Edited by jcluff

Is this not impeachable?

Nothing is impeachable until both chambers find it politically expedient to do it. The House, of course, would be happy to charge BHO since the 2010 midterm, but there's zero to be gained until they know the Senate will try him.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Nothing is impeachable until both Houses find it politically expedient to do it. The House, of course, would be happy to charge BHO since the 2010 midterm, but there's zero to be gained until they know the Senate will try him.

- OS

And that wont happen anytime soon either....

• Like 1
Guest TankerHC

I guess what I am saying is that I don't see him exerting any authority he didn't already have with this. This EO is just him providing clear, public direction to the EPA. There are many things Obama has done that I think may be impeachable over, and most of those have been made public via Snowden's leaks. This isn't one of them. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

So when did the President gain the powers to block funding in individual items in a Bill? Ill give you the answer. Never.

So when did the President gain the powers to block funding in individual items in a Bill? Ill give you the answer. Never.

All I can find, so far, is wild speculation and sky falling alarmism around this executive order without a single example of how this EO could impact funds allocated in bills to states, unless those funds are already distributed through FEMA or the EPA. Both of which, already act under the direction of the Executive Branch.

If anybody has any links to articles that show how this EO over reaches powers already granted to the President, please share, because that would do far more to adding to the debate than what I am seeing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

All I can find, so far, is wild speculation and sky falling alarmism around this executive order without a single example of how this EO could impact funds allocated in bills to states, unless those funds are already distributed through FEMA or the EPA. Both of which, already act under the direction of the Executive Branch.

If anybody has any links to articles that show how this EO over reaches powers already granted to the President, please share, because that would do far more to adding to the debate than what I am seeing.

I am on my phone and unable to reasearch right now but you can google the EO # and read it ...if someone would be kind and post the link...I found the transcript that was posted earlier from PBS to be a little difficult to follow...

Do we really want Crazy Ass Joe to be President?  He is Barry's ACE in the hole.

At this point, yes.

It would send a message, enough is enough.

And if the dope, Biden, screwed up, we could send him pacxking, too.

We need a zero tolerance policy for politicains who commit impeechable acts.

The fox news article linked by Oh Shoot specifically identifies areas where critics believe the EO will allow an imbalance of the govt checks system. Notably are witholding funds from state/local govts that refuse to comply with policies and making changes to land use and resource policies. Unless Congress uses specific language that allows these changes to be enacted at the executive level without further congressional approval, those changes cannot be made. That is in effect creating or adding to legislstion, which the executive branch has no Constitutional authority to perform.

That is one of the biggest issues I've had with this president; he wants to act unilaterally without Congressional approval rendering our form of govt useless. He wasnt lying when he said he wanted to fundamentally change America...and we are just letting it happen...