The ugliest gun I ever laid my hands on.

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

I dont know if CZ9 would agree, but for me it is the ugliest gun I ever had in my hands. The deaf lady at the table next to us had a Dardick 1500. The barrel on it was a .22, she had the box, paperwork, an extra barrel, adapters and was asking $900. When I first saw it I thought I was looking at a 1950's toy space gun, then CZ asked me if I noticed it, said no, (I did but thought it was a toy) and he said no, its a real gun, go look at it. So I did, asked her if I could look at it. Ugly isnt the word to describe this thing.  This is a Dardick 1500. It shoots multiple calibers with a quick change barrel. 22, 38, .32 and .38 Dardick, which is a 9mm. And you could shoot all calibers out of the same gun with just the change of a barrel. Because it doesnt use a round, its uses a tround, or triangular round.  The "trounds" are triangular shaped but they have a round nose bullet. They also have a tround adapter casing that you can insert regular rounds in. It has a mag release. When you press the mag release a gate pops open and inside is a cylinder made up of triangular shaped cutouts. You fit the tround in the triangular shaped cutouts and turn the cylinder. The cutouts put the round flush against the sides of the frame, which the pressures are handled by the frame. The lady had the box, extra barrel, papers and some of the adapters. $900 wasnt a bad price actually, I googled it while we were standing there and there was one that was auctioned last month and went for nearly $1600. I guess it would be a good deal for someone that collects weird guns.

unusualdarick7_zps3c2ba4b9.jpg

And here is a video f one in action. It was posted by godawful, right where it belongs.

http://youtu.be/kNdeZ77O-FI

Ugly, it may be, but it is truly an engineering marvel. I thought the Chiappa Rhino was a weird gun lol.

I finally saw one of those the other day, and I thought a gun couldn't get much uglier. :D

Guest TankerHC

Obviously an example of............."alien technology". I can just imagine the look of astonishment on the face of a thug if you were to pull that thing out.

Probably would be laughing, until you put a big hole in him.