Pretty tempted to make this purchase. (Tisas 1911 + $90 home defense shotgun)

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

Didnt see it posted so thought I would post it. Im pretty tempted on this one. Lately, as mentioned in another thread, I have been just deleting my Buds email, but this one caught my attention.

A Tisas 1911A2 for $599 + an Emperor Guardian Tactical 12 gauge for an additional $90 if you want one.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411554046/Tisas+1911-A2+45+ACP+5%22+Stainless+Walnut+Grips

Yes, it is tempting. I looked at it for quite a while last night and finally decide to pass on it. Reasons? Not anything in particular, but have been thinking about getting another RIA or Metro Arms. I know the quality and capabilities on them.

Whereas, the Tisas are not kown to me. All I've seen are the promos from Buds and according to them; every gun they have is absolutely freaking great.

Guest TankerHC

The 1911 Forum reviews from owners who also own the RIA's say top notch 1911's. I dont own a Tisas Zig but do own RIA's, if I decide to get the Tisas Ill post a comparison. Friends of mine from MS and Georgia who own the GI style blued version have nothing but good to say, in fact they say this is definitely a competitor for RIA at the price point. The all blued is only $399.

Guns America reviewed them and gave them five stars (Basically) and G&A says they came into the 1911 market running.

Dont own one, personal friends give it a good to go, dont know if the writers are blowing it up to help get sales or are true opinions but so far haven't heard anything at all negative about them.

Guest TankerHC

Someone give me a name within the Dayton-Soddy-Sale Creek-Cleveland area to do a transfer and I will place an order. Someone gave me a name a few months ago of someone in Soddy but left a message and got no reply.

Thing is I am not doing it any longer with the people I have been because I am not paying $40 for a transfer (30+10).

Anyone know anyone with a reasonable transfer price, Ill "happily" make this purchase. Would like to have one but can live without it if its going to add $40 to the cost.

The 1911 Forum reviews from owners who also own the RIA's say top notch 1911's. I dont own a Tisas Zig but do own RIA's, if I decide to get the Tisas Ill post a comparison. Friends of mine from MS and Georgia who own the GI style blued version have nothing but good to say, in fact they say this is definitely a competitor for RIA at the price point. The all blued is only $399.

Guns America reviewed them and gave them five stars (Basically) and G&A says they came into the 1911 market running.

Dont own one, personal friends give it a good to go, dont know if the writers are blowing it up to help get sales or are true opinions but so far haven't heard anything at all negative about them.

Good to know. I've not seen any of the Turkish imports yet, but they do look interesting.

As an old fart here, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to slow down on buying guns. So I think I'll let someone else(you, and thanks) find out about them. Of course, I've said silly things like this before and nothing has come of it. 

Interesting deal with the shotgun but the Tisas price is moving in on Ruger 1911 territory. Any reason to go with the Tisas over a Ruger? (Other than the shotgun...)
Guest TankerHC

I ordered it. Ill be selling the shotgun when it gets here because I have three HD shotguns already. Ill take it to the range soon as it gets here and post a report (With video) since no one I know personally has one of the Stainless models, only the GI.

I ordered it. Ill be selling the shotgun when it gets here because I have three HD shotguns already. Ill take it to the range soon as it gets here and post a report (With video) since no one I know personally has one of the Stainless models, only the GI.

Bid of $125 here!

I've read some good reviews on the Tisas as well. If I were in the market for a budget-minded 1911, I'd give it a try.

I do NOT however find many reviews on the shotgun that's in the bundle. For $90, you can hardly go wrong, though.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Someone give me a name within the Dayton-Soddy-Sale Creek-Cleveland area to do a transfer and I will place an order. Someone gave me a name a few months ago of someone in Soddy but left a message and got no reply.

Thing is I am not doing it any longer with the people I have been because I am not paying $40 for a transfer (30+10).

Anyone know anyone with a reasonable transfer price, Ill "happily" make this purchase. Would like to have one but can live without it if its going to add $40 to the cost.

Joseph McCree
1347 Cenora Lane
Hixson, TN
423-842-5961
423-290-5878

He does transfers out of his home and only charges 20.00 10 for back ground and 10 for transfer

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
[quote name="tdoccrossvilletn" post="1058185" timestamp="1383520422"] Joseph McCree 1347 Cenora Lane Hixson, TN 423-842-5961 423-290-5878 He does transfers out of his home and only charges 20.00 10 for back ground and 10 for transfer I've used him a couple of times. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy. Edited by tdoccrossvilletn