Tactical Response AR-15 / M-16 Armorer Course

IMHO, save your money and just build an AR yourself.  Those kinds of classes are geared towards those who feel the need and require the justification to pay for it (government agencies).

You can learn everything you need to know online.

I haven't taken the one from Tactical Response, but that is about the normal price for a 2-day AR armorer course.  I took mine from Defensive Edge, and it was only $75 cheaper.  There were some people in my class that were doing it for work, and others that just took it just to properly learn the workings of their rifles.  So, I say take it if you want.  You will find it interesting and informative.

I am not sure about the/any certification.  The description page states, "Armorers will be certified in the proper maintenance, care, and repair of these weapons systems, including semi-auto and select-fire trigger systems." but I would have to inquire on specifics of that statement.

$450 for two days of training does not seem like an excessive amount for a course depending on its content and the quality of the instruction, even factoring in food and boarding but you are correct that I would probably be better served by taking advantage of the resources available to me being a member of this group.  Heck, I'm betting that a nice meal will probably gain me some quality help and a fun afternoon.  Part of my wanting to take this class is that it would be a bit of a "hangout with the guys" type get away.

Maybe we will be able to hear from someone who had first had knowledge of this offering to see what their thoughts are as well.

Thanks for all of the feedback.

I'll give you a class, a couple of your buddies too if you wish. I only charge $250 ;). In all seriousness, I'm no expert, but I have yet to come across an AR I couldn't build/fix and I've had zero "proper" training. I watched YouTube, read forums, and learned through experience. I'm not discrediting the course but I promise you there are better ways to learn your way around the platform and better ways to spend $450. Yet again, in all seriousness, I'm willing to bet if you set a day up to offer food and good drink....there'd be plenty of knowledgeable tngo members show up to help Edited by KKing
  • Like 1
I took a defensive edge class at humphreys county sheriffs dept for my job. I would say that personally I knew 90-95% of what was taught because I have 10 ARs 9 of which I assembled myself. Not that I'm some kind of expert but I was always the first person done with whatever we were working on and often helped other students. Of the 8 students I was amazed at how many LEOs had very little understanding of the AR. They just weren't "gun guys" So for them it probably was helpful but for the guys that are doing it as a hobby you could learn most of it on your own.
  • Like 1

Yes, but at the tactical response course you get a complimentary tough guy patch and one cycle of HGH.

I thought the description said you get two cycles of HIGH.  They must have cut back due to the "economy".

TMF, I have spent well over two days per category on Youtube looking at Builds, Packs, Flashlights, Knives, Cars/Trucks, Tools and Girls.  I will submit a detailed rundown for my certificates.  Is it $5 each or is there a combo pack?  I would prefer premium paper so let me know if there is an up charge.

With my current level of experience and the info I have gathered, I figured I was probably pretty close to competent.  Plus, my daughter's old man has this ultimate set of tools.

I think referring back to TGO as a resource is the way to go, as suggested.  I can buy a lot of steaks and refreshing beverages for $450+ and get to meet a few new faces.

Everyone have a great week,

I thought the description said you get two cycles of HIGH. They must have cut back due to the "economy".

TMF, I have spent well over two days per category on Youtube looking at Builds, Packs, Flashlights, Knives, Cars/Trucks, Tools and Girls. I will submit a detailed rundown for my certificates. Is it $5 each or is there a combo pack? I would prefer premium paper so let me know if there is an up charge.

With my current level of experience and the info I have gathered, I figured I was probably pretty close to competent. Plus, my daughter's old man has this ultimate set of tools.

I think referring back to TGO as a resource is the way to go, as suggested. I can buy a lot of steaks and refreshing beverages for $450+ and get to meet a few new faces.

Everyone have a great week,

Right on. I think that if you use YouTube as a source while you're going through the various steps if your build you should have no problems, at all. It doesn't hurt to have someone around who has done it before, but that is more if a confidence thing. You can do it all on your own, and if you make mistakes (like losing a spring as it shoots off into oblivion) you'll learn something valuable. I haven't learned that myself; I still lose springs because I'm impatient and my perceived abilities are greater than my actual abilities. I, ure if there is a TGOer near you with experience they'd be more than happy to give ya a hand. In fact, sometime in the next 60 days when all these TGO lowers start showing up I'm betting there will be a few build parties going on.
  • Like 1