Home Carry

Guest CCPT

Home Carry  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do you carry at all times, even at home?

If this topic has been played out, let me know and I'll ask a Mod to delete it.

I was just curious... Do you carry at all times, even at home? I always have a piece in the pants, minus showering and sleeping, of course. Who else is ALWAYS packin'?
I do not.

I see the benefit of carrying at home but I'm one of those who strips down to my drawers when I get home. Not really...but I do shed as much clothing as pertinent.

Instead of carrying, I keep two firearms RTG, in two locations.
Guest Keal G Seo
My shotgun kinda has it's own spot on my wheelchair. Just happens to fit perfectly. So yeah I have it with me at home at all times.

I need to get a carry license to protect myself out and about but am always screwed on time of classes vs public transit.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

it seems when I am not is the only time someone knocks on my front door.

Last week, I was in the bathroom and someone knocks on my door.  Not thinking and figuring it was a neighbor I yelled just a minute.

Then I walked up to the door to find a young guy asking if I wanted to sell my car.  I wish I had took a moment to stick a pistol in my pocket but with out thinking I went to the door to quick.

All seemed innocent enough, he was asking if my car happened to be for sale which it wasn't.  But I don't plan to make that mistake again.

I have a gun usually at the ready, Just don't believe i have to carry everywhere in my house. But if i go upstairs, I'll bring my pistol with me. ( just a habit). Shotgun is in the bathroom( which is just adjacent to my bedroom).

If I'm working out in the shop, I'll have my keys with me. Never hurts to have some guns out in the truck ready to go if needed.

Last week, I was in the bathroom and someone knocks on my door.  Not thinking and figuring it was a neighbor I yelled just a minute.

Then I walked up to the door to find a young guy asking if I wanted to sell my car.  I wish I had took a moment to stick a pistol in my pocket but with out thinking I went to the door to quick.

All seemed innocent enough, he was asking if my car happened to be for sale which it wasn't.  But I don't plan to make that mistake again.

That's weird. Who just randomly stops to ask if a car is for sale?
Heck, I had my glock waterproofed just so I could wear it in the shower.

Just kidding. But I am another one thatis armed 24/7 unless im wet or sleeping. I have one just out of reach in my bedroom, I want to be fully awake when I grab it in the middle of the night so I can identify my target correctly. (I actualky have to stand up out if bed to get to it)
  • Moderators

If I'm in bed, its on the nightstand. If I'm in the shower,it's on the sink next to the shower. Other than that, it's on my right hip.
Some call that paranoid. Maybe, but I'm happy.

Ziplock bag and you can take it in the shower with you! I used to take mine into the shower without the bag, but I recently changed my mind due to unforeseen circumstances.

I carry 50/50 when I am at home. If not carrying, usually within a few feet's reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

My shotgun kinda has it's own spot on my wheelchair. Just happens to fit perfectly. So yeah I have it with me at home at all times.

I need to get a carry license to protect myself out and about but am always screwed on time of classes vs public transit.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

If you are anywhere within a reasonable distance of Nashville, scheduled your class on almost any Friday, Saturday or Sunday, and I'll be glad to see to it that you get where you need to be.
Guest Keal G Seo

If you are anywhere within a reasonable distance of Nashville, scheduled your class on almost any Friday, Saturday or Sunday, and I'll be glad to see to it that you get where you need to be.

Thanks for the offer, really nice of you. But I am no where near Nashville...Cosby/Newport area. And before anyone else offers I use a big 250lb electric wheelchair (gotta have the hydraulics for my blood pressure). That is why I use public transit rather than having a car.

Thanks again though.

Vontar, that car must be a real gem. My luck if I had a for sale sign on it no one would ever call or stop by. Sounds a little fishy.

I have been know to carry around the house every once in a while but most times just rely on the ones that are strategically placed in the house.

Edited by McGarrett

First thing I do in the evenings is walk into the bedroom and put my gun on top of the dresser.  I used to have guns scattered about the house but that doesn't fly now with a 4 year old, everything has to stay out of access to her.  I know I'm taking a chance but we live in a good neighboorhood with really good neighbors.  It's a chance I'm willing to take.

• Like 1

I don't carry in a holster around the house unless I have just came home and have to unload stuff from Jeep and bring in house. Once I am inside I put my carry gun in it's location and it remains there till needed for going back out. It is easy access if needed while at home. I also have a gun in every room in house of some type and all easily accessible within a few feet 99.9% of the time. Also back up mags with each gun. All guns locked and loaded with 1 in the tube. Don't have any children in house so makes it easy to have guns close by.