I think Im about done with Political posts for a while...

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

Well Im going to TRY I should say. The reason being, I spent most of the day litening to radio politics. Left and Right. And all I can say is with the things that are going on, Im pretty much flabbergasted. Been watching US Politics ALL of my adult life and most of my youth, I have never seen anything like whats going on. I must have said WOW! to myself ten times today. Just over the last few days.

I wont even get into any ACA stuff, that went over the top and just kept on going and keeps on going and going and going...

Is there no such thing any longer as Contempt Of Congress? I heard 4 times in the last two days people in front of Committees just tell Congress NO, or NO I cant do that, or NO we wont do that when asked or told to produce something. These arent just other politicians, these arent even appointees, just Government employees. Not "I plead the fifth", just NO.

Read this morning that during the Budget meetings with Obama, a Republican Congressman who no one will name looked at Obama and said "I cant even stand to look at you". Someone on the left said that happened. Another Congressman who was there. The office of the President has become so disrespected that Congressman dont even have a problem saying that directly to the Presidents face?

Heard ten different Dems today say exactly the same thing about the ACA rollout. EXACTLY, in different interviews. If your going to promote a bulls__t line, at LEAST try to use different lines.

The Republicans almost en masse siding with the left. The left attacking the people. The President outright attacking and calling a solid half of the Citizens names.

And it gets worse and worse. I am at the point I dont see how to keep up with developing politics since it has gotten down to the point its a straight out verbal war. With the left winning and the right doing little but talking.

It would be damn near humorous, if it weren't so serious.

I am with ya on all this, I listen to the news a LOT as well.

I SO WISH THERE WAS, IS SOME THING WE COULD DO, and all we have is a vote, for what that is worth.

The ones we elect dont, wont listen yo us.

I'm a youngun (31) but have been pretty involved in politics since I was a kid.  Not many of my other middle school classmates were reading Rush Limbaugh's books like I was.

My wife has only recently, like within the last 6 months. begun to wake up to what's going on around us.  What's funny is that now that she's finally into it and getting worked up about stuff, I've reached a point where I am beginning to give up hope!  I've quit listening to almost all political commentary and simply shake my head in disgust at what news I DO hear.  We've completely swapped sides!  LOL!

Though I have to see, it's funny, exasperating, and sad watching democrats beginning to ask for a delay in the individual mandate now.

.....Read this morning that during the Budget meetings with Obama, a Republican Congressman who no one will name looked at Obama and said "I cant even stand to look at you". Someone on the left said that happened. Another Congressman who was there. ...

Dick Durbin made the claim, Boehner's and Cantor's spokesmen say it did not happen, then even Jay Carney says it didn't.

Now seems it may have had an even darker genesis:

Btw, I know what you mean about politics; after the election, I seriously considered attempting to take the News Junkie 12 Step Program, and drop out the best I could.

But I'm just too hooked, I guess. Main thing that works for me is that I regained my sense of aloofness as merely a contemporary historian -- and in that role find gratitude that I'm privy to what I see as a pivotal time in US history. And even though the 24 hour news cycle can be deceptive, it really does seem as if the changes are accelerating, compressed into smaller blocks of time, and with quicker observable consequences than ever before.

Without that level of detachment, though, I'd be reduced to a sputtering mass of enraged protoplasm. I hope there's something that arises in which I could actually engage to help in the patriotic sense, but I frankly don't see any possibilities of any real consequence in that regard  -- even given the most extreme of scenarios, I believe anarchy is quite likely at some point, but another revolution for freedom's sake is not.

- OS
  • Like 1

If you want to watch the news I suggest something like BBC, Al Jazeera, RTM or some other foreign new organization. They generally report our news in an unbiazed way. People want to hate Al Jazeera but it is actually pretty good at reporting the news.

Our media, all sides, generally is very biased and will gladly forget about news if it doesn't fit their agenda.

• Like 2

If you want to watch the news I suggest something like BBC, Al Jazeera, RTM or some other foreign new organization. They generally report our news in an unbiazed way. People want to hate Al Jazeera but it is actually pretty good at reporting the news.

Our media, all sides, generally is very biased and will gladly forget about news if it doesn't fit their agenda.

What he said.

It's like all these BS "polls" we hear about every day. If I know the question and the network conducting the poll, I can correctly guess the results nearly 100% of the time. Everything is slanted. All of them are full of crap, and the sheeple on both sides eat it up and regurgitate it, as if it's some sort of gospel.

Ever had a friend or family member involved in an unhealthy situation or relationship but  couldn't see things as clearly as you, because you had the luxury of being on the outside looking in? The same things applies to much of the BS we're fed by our own government and media. While everyone has an ax to grind, I believe we're more likely to get something more closely resembling reality from BBC, Al Jazeera, and the like.

It's a shame CNN decayed to a turdbowl inundated w bs experts and a sea of trash that one needs to wade through to find out anything of genuine concern. Commenting on politics is a good vent to relieve stress, we've got plenty of stress I wish we had good news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
  • Like 1

Our system of government has not failed. What has failed are the people in the government and those who make a living lying about it in the media (both left and right!). What has failed is the two party system, as George Washington and other founding fathers told us it would.  Most of us are actually are  no more a Republican or a Democrat than we are the man on the moon! We are just American citizens who may or may not share a few principles with either side. We don't gather any reward from either party and we are not part of the party decision process, which actually puts these idiots in office. How can you call it an election when you just vote for somebody the party has decided will go to D.C. ? The two parties currently in power are professional bribe takers and have proven they cannot function at running a  government. There is a need for some sort of party organization to handle the political process in this large a nation, but the present parties need to go, or at least go through some radical changes.

• Like 3

I'm w/ Spiffy.

On the positive side, since I'm barely watching the news or TV in general any more, I've had lots of time to load ammo!  I use a turret press so it's not that fast, but I was on a roll making 300-500 rds a night in 9, 40, 38, 357, and 44 for almost two weeks straight!

I'm w/ Spiffy.

On the positive side, since I'm barely watching the news or TV in general any more, I've had lots of time to load ammo!  I use a turret press so it's not that fast, but I was on a roll making 300-500 rds a night in 9, 40, 38, 357, and 44 for almost two weeks straight!

I upgraded mine to a 4 hole and I just figure out how to make the auto index work. Now I see they have primer feed thingy. I can't wait to get almost a progressive load speed LOL

For roughly the past 20 years almost all I've listened to in the car is political talk radio. Between that and the news on TV I have gradually gotten frustrated with both parties to the point that I feel nearly hopeless. The more I listened/watched the further away from the Constitution I feel our gov't has gotten.

I vested a lot of hope in the Tea Party. I feel like if they got elected in large numbers we'd at least shrink the gov't and get our economy in check. I don't trust them with moral/social issues, though. Given enough power, I fear they'd try to install a theocracy of sorts, which is not Constitutional either.

So, I try not to listen to as much news as I used to. A few hours a week keeps me angry enough to hate the Dems the most, but the GOP isn't much better. Neither party cares what the people want any more. You know who does? Miranda Lambert, Dropkick Murphys Luke Bryan, Flogging Molly, AC/DC, Lynrd Skynrd, Godsmack, Lady Antebellum, etc. Listening to them more has made me more happy in the past year than the news did in the previous 20 years. Edited by BigK
  • Like 2