Tri-cities feral hogs?

I'll be moving to the Tri-cities area permanently next month.  Being from Florida, I'm used to hunting feral hogs.  I couldn't find any distribution maps online for hog populations in N.E. Tennessee.  My hunting property is due north of Buladean on the W. side of the mountains.  Does anyone have on information

on feral hogs in that general area?

I'll be moving to the Tri-cities area permanently next month.  Being from Florida, I'm used to hunting feral hogs.  I couldn't find any distribution maps online for hog populations in N.E. Tennessee.  My hunting property is due north of Buladean on the W. side of the mountains.  Does anyone have on information

on feral hogs in that general area?

Is that National Forest or private?  Private land you have to get an exemption from Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) to hunt Hogs.  most public land is no hog hunting.  

With that said there arent many hogs that I know of in that part of the state.  They are there, but I dont know how many.  Most of the hogs are in the north central plateau and middle TN 

My little brother use to hunt Catoosa back years ago but since they changed all the rules and laws so he quit hunting them. He was a lot braver than I am. He hunted them with a 44 caliper pistol. I think it was a single action Ruger Super Black Hawk w/ 10 in barrel if I'm not mistaken. Killed several with it over the years if I recall right. Been a while since i spoke with him.

Due to A$$hats trapping and relocating hogs so that they could charge for hunts in conjunction with completely moronic TWRA and law makers, wild hogs are allowed to run rampant and free to reproduce year round. That is unless you get to know a farmer that has a hog problem and he adds you onto his list.

• Like 1

Due to A$$hats trapping and relocating hogs so that they could charge for hunts in conjunction with completely moronic TWRA and law makers, wild hogs are allowed to run rampant and free to reproduce year round. That is unless you get to know a farmer that has a hog problem and he adds you onto his list.

Farmers here are charging 300 to 500 hundred dollars to get "on the list". But they call them leases. And pigs is all they'll let you shoot. Go figure....

DaveS

Farmers here are charging 300 to 500 hundred dollars to get "on the list". But they call them leases. And pigs is all they'll let you shoot. Go figure....

DaveS

DaveS

In all realty you are doing the farmer a service by killing off the hogs that are tearing up his property and he wants to charge you 3 to 500.00 bucks for helping him out. That is ridiculous. I wouldn't pay it myself.........jmho

• Like 1

DaveS

Yep, even some of the Minonites have learned to profit off of it. Started off with a standing invite to kill them but as soon as he saw some of the others in the area charging to kill them he wanted to discuss a lease. I'll let the hogs fold every last corn stalk he's got to the ground before I do business like that. I'll just wait a few more years and they'll be in my backyard because their growth is far out running the amount being taken out. Until then I'll go to Florida if I want to shoot some.
  • Like 1

Yep, even some of the Minonites have learned to profit off of it. Started off with a standing invite to kill them but as soon as he saw some of the others in the area charging to kill them he wanted to discuss a lease. I'll let the hogs fold every last corn stalk he's got to the ground before I do business like that. I'll just wait a few more years and they'll be in my backyard because their growth is far out running the amount being taken out. Until then I'll go to Florida if I want to shoot some.

Florida and Alabama is where we go. I'll be moving to Florida in the early spring. Can't wait.

When Tennessee started their new hog regs, property owners seen a way to cash in. Charge money to put you on a list to hunt, then tell you, you can only shoot hogs, no deer, no turkey...just hogs. What a deal for the land owner!

Give it another year or two...there will be plenty of hogs to go around!

DaveS

Florida and Alabama is where we go. I'll be moving to Florida in the early spring. Can't wait.

When Tennessee started their new hog regs, property owners seen a way to cash in. Charge money to put you on a list to hunt, then tell you, you can only shoot hogs, no deer, no turkey...just hogs. What a deal for the land owner!

Give it another year or two...there will be plenty of hogs to go around!

DaveS

and by then, my household will need the food.  Perhaps they planned this pretty well after all.

Edited by R_Bert
  • Like 1

Yep, they will be in peoples back yards and children won't be able to play outside and then they will be paying the hunters to come and get them and a bounty will be put on them. That is when payback to the farmers will happen and will be deserving. Greed always comes back to bite most people sooner or later.........jmho

• Like 1

Yep, they will be in peoples back yards and children won't be able to play outside and then they will be paying the hunters to come and get them and a bounty will be put on them. That is when payback to the farmers will happen and will be deserving. Greed always comes back to bite most people sooner or later.........jmho

You can bet I won't come to help kill off the hundreds that will most certainly be on the fellow's property that tried to disguise capitalizing on the hogs as a lease. He had anywhere from 30-40 that would tear through his fields on any given day and seeing as how 1 male and 1 female can be responsible for 100 piglets a year.... he's going to be in a mess with the folks he buys crop insurance from tells him to kiss it.. 

• Like 1