TGO AR Build Deals

Bravocompany has some pretty good deals on some blem items.

Gunfighter charging handles $25.00 Says they're slightly off spec but 100%good to go. 1 year warranty. I picked up two at that price.

Blem uppers for $79.00 w/ejection port and forward assist kits thrown in. Some have had barrels mounted for display, some have scratches. Not too bad if you only got a lower and planning a new finish anyway.

Also, AIM has Nib BCGs back in stock, still $129.00 They have a tab with "Black Friday Specials" but nothing in there yet. I'm ordering one and if its on sale and hasn't shipped I'll cancel and reorder.

I have more than one. I'm sure I'll upgrade a few of them if I ever pay off the one I'm building now. :)

I know I ruined myself early. Built my first AR with one and now I hate handling a standard charging handle. Some would say that's petty , but it's the truth.
  • Like 1

I know I ruined myself early. Built my first AR with one and now I hate handling a standard charging handle. Some would say that's petty , but it's the truth.

Same here. I don't "hate" other charging handles, but I can't help being a little sad for them that they'll never be as awesome. I thought I'd found a cheap solution with the larger "tactical" handles that Brownells sells. Wrong.

Also their BCG are IMO worth the cost for sure. Mine still looks pretty much new after all the rounds down range. Not a huge round count mind you, but when I say it still looks new, I mean NIB new. Very solid finish.

Gunfighter charging handles $25.00 Says they're slightly off spec but 100%good to go. 1 year warranty. I picked up two at that price.

thanks for the heads up on the Charging Handles.. Ordered one tonight!

I completely agree. I have one on one of my rifles and love it! If you have an optic anywhere near the charging handle and don't have one, you don't know what you're missing!

Do you normally get the medium? That's the one I bought for my current build

I sure do. I've handled the longest one on a friends gun(can't remember if their numbers go up or down on which "mod" it is) and although I liked it, I kinda felt like it stuck way out. I don't run many carbine courses or anything, but I could see that being a problem for someone that does as far as snagging on clothes and such. Just personal preference I guess.

Do you normally get the medium? That's the one I bought for my current build

You might think about going with a large if your scope is going to go back as far as the charging handle. I doubt you'll regret having the extra surface area.

At their current price you should just order an extra and see if they'll throw it in with the first to save shipping. Even if you hate it so much you don't want it on any of your rifles, you'll get your money back if you want to sell it. Hell, if you hate it I'll give $25 for it no sweat.
Finally did it! Ordered my complete upper from PSA! http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/black-friday/ptac-16-1-9-a2-upper-w-yhm-diamond-rifle-rail-bcg-and-charging-handle.html

I don't need the BCG.. it'll make two extra now, but I'll build more rifles later! I've got a virgin poly lower already built out that I may throw this on until our TGO lowers come in. I got a Magpul LBK from an earlier PSA deal that will finish out the TGO gun.

I know that this isn't the best quality AR. I'm starting all over again with a small but growing amount of funding (somebody buy the PRS I have in the classifieds!) and am really just jonesing to have a working rifle again! Maybe next spring/ summer I'm planning to build a much nicer varmint style gun around the TGO lower and put this upper on something else. Man I miss having an EBR!!!!

That's why I bought it. I have a Badger Latch on my other reach out AR

I think you're going to really enjoy the BCM then. A good friend who is also a member has the Badger Latches on two of his AR's  that I have used and I have much more confidence in the BCM than I ever would the Badger Latch. Not saying that the Badger Latch is bad but rather that the BCM is that good. I've got the large latches and that's what I ordered this time. I guess maybe if you were fully decked out and ready to storm a building the latch could possibly snag something but I have yet to run into that problem. I can grab the latch with a finger and yank it back full bore and not be the slightest bit concerned with breaking anything.

I'm still debating between the Gunfighter and the Raptor. 

I much prefer the Raptor. I still have one of the gen 1 Gunfighters, but got rid of the rest after I tried the Raptor. I also had the ambi Gunfighter but i just really like the ergonomics of the Raptor. Can't imagine going back to standard CH's or any other BCM variant. Even if the Raptor wasn't ambi, I'd still get it, simply because of the mechanism and ergonomics. You can always sell the Raptor if you don't like it. 

• Like 1

Blem uppers for $79.00 w/ejection port and forward assist kits thrown in. Some have had barrels mounted for display, some have scratches. Not too bad if you only got a lower and planning a new finish anyway.

Also, AIM has Nib BCGs back in stock, still $129.00 They have a tab with "Black Friday Specials" but nothing in there yet. I'm ordering one and if its on sale and hasn't shipped I'll cancel and reorder.

Thanks! I just ordered two charging handles, an upper receiver vice block, and an armorer's tool from them.