So the Senate minority (Republican) leader joins in with the Dems to throw blame on the House Republicans.

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

I would write what I think, but I would no doubt be kicked off this Forum. Not because of you guys, but because of the 1000 different words that come to mind to describe Mitch McConnel.

Old Mitch (Lets just call him Mitch because the other names I have for him just wouldnt work) has sent a message to the House. HE will no longer allow a Government shutdown over the budget. HE WONT. The Senate minority leader is telling the HOUSE, the people responsible Constitutionally for the Budget, that HE will not let the REPUBLICANS (Did he forget he's a Republican?) to shut down Government over the budget because "That is not the way to go". And he specifically said "He will not let the Republicans shut down the Government AGAIN"

So in effect old Mitch has just this (earlier this evening, when I heard it) confirmed Obama's blame rhetoric. That the Republicans are responsible for this fiasco. Now maybe I missed it, but I did not hear Mitch utter a single word about Obama and Reid and the rest of the DemocRATS talk of no compromise, no negotiation.

Could it be that McConnel is really a Democrat? Or that he is mad that a first term freshman held his feet to the fire. Or is it possible that the deal he made with the Democrats, where he obtained 3 billion dollars in additional funding on a project with a 775 million dollar budget in this Bill to build Dam locks in Kentucky caused him to throw his weight behind the Democrats?

McConnel sold out his Party for 3 billion dollars. He sold out the nation for 3 billion dollars. He sold out the Nation so his sorry ass can stay in office.

"A recent investigation by the St. Louis Post-Dispatch found that the project has run millions of dollars over budget and should have been completed “years ago.” The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers estimates that the project will not be fully complete until 2024.

McConnell’s spokesman dodged a question about the funding provision when asked by local radio affiliate WFPL.

“Senators (Diane) Feinstein and (Lamar) Alexander, the chair and ranking member of the energy and water subcommittee, worked on the issue and can help you," spokesman Robert Steurer told the station."

The SOB sold his soul to the devil. And Lamar Alexander was heavily involved. He made a deal between him and Feinstein to throw the Party under the bus. Two POS's that need to be sent packing.

Edited by TankerHC
Guest Bassman17SC

We already have 3 parties.  The Democratic party, the Lesser Democratic party, and the TEA party.

Some folks refer to the Lesser Democratic party as the Republican party.  Not really sure why.

This is such an excellent assessment of the current political climate, I cannot make an improvement on it.

As to "Mitch," he is a traitor, just like all of the other RINOS (i.e., McCain, Corker, Alexander) who fail to vote against the GDC policies.

McConell wuz bought with the $2 B (....that's 2000 million, folks...) Corps of Engineers project dollars for the locks on the tennessee and ohio rivers...  By the way, the great Lamar Alexander helped him with this...  McConnell is all them things you are thinkin of but are too polite to put in print... He is a career politico who has never had a "real job"... He needs to go; just like lamar and corker does...

Mark's post about the "Lesser Democrat" party is exactly right... These "establishment republicans" are nothin but apparatchiks and enablers to the Democrat party who worship the god of power and nothin else... They are ok as long as they get a piece of the pie... I intend to do my best to back anyone who runs against this trash... Remember, there are elections in 2014 and 2016... Vote early and often, the Democrats and the Establishment Republicans will...

libertarian tea party leroy

• Like 2
Guest TankerHC

McConell wuz bought with the $2 B (....that's 2000 million, folks...) Corps of Engineers project dollars for the locks on the tennessee and ohio rivers...  By the way, the great Lamar Alexander helped him with this...  McConnell is all them things you are thinkin of but are too polite to put in print... He is a career politico who has never had a "real job"... He needs to go; just like lamar and corker does...

Mark's post about the "Lesser Democrat" party is exactly right... These "establishment republicans" are nothin but apparatchiks and enablers to the Democrat party who worship the god of power and nothin else... They are ok as long as they get a piece of the pie... I intend to do my best to back anyone who runs against this trash... Remember, there are elections in 2014 and 2016... Vote early and often, the Democrats and the Establishment Republicans will...

libertarian tea party leroy

3 Billion (Or more specifically 2.87 Billion), Its in the OP

And Matt Bevin can possibly take McConnell out, just like Joe Carr can with Lamar. I haven't followed his race, but I

do know he is getting a serious challenge and many names are on Bevin's side, now. McConnell will trot out a name

like Huckabee, just like Lamar did, but, after publicly trashing Cruz will hurt McConnell. Cruz is one of only a handful

of those in the senate who is doing their constitutionally mandated job.

I could call him as many names as you guys want to, also, but it's best to just get behind the challenger, like we should

have been doing for the last hundred years or so. We've let these corrupt bastards stay there and get away with this.

And just pulling the lever or pushing the button for the opposition in the general doesn't cut it. The primaries do count,

ya know? Reach out to our neighbors in Kentucky and encourage them to vote for Bevin.

Guest ThePunisher
It's time to unite behind the challengers in the R primaries. Ted Cruz was an underdog and he won in Texas, and other underdogs can win here in Tennessee if the people are fed up with the establishment BS. Joe Carr is a very capable candidate that can beat Alexander, but we need to unite behind him and send a message in 2014 that the people are still the boss, and will hold our representatives accountable.
Guest ThePunisher

Oh, I'll vote for Carr. And then later, Lamar. I ain't putting another Dem in the US Senate -- poor is better than worst case.

- OS

Yeah, a rhino republican is definitely better than a commie democrat. A rhino is not likely to confiscate your guns, but commie democrats are determined till their last breath of air to confiscate your guns.

Mitch is a member of the political elite. This is a class of citizens that is above the rest of us. No matter what party they call themselves, in the end they will always stick together. They vote themselves perks like unconstitutional dead benefits, $175,000 to  Lautenberg, widow, he was only worth $57 million, and exempt themselves from laws they enact to keep the rest of us in line. Not all in Washington are members of this club as we saw last couple of weeks. You can bet your last $ than they will be targets of the elite's groups to be defended in the coming elections. They can't have these rebel rousers spoil their club. 

• Like 1

It's time to unite behind the challengers in the R primaries. Ted Cruz was an underdog and he won in Texas, and other underdogs can win here in Tennessee if the people are fed up with the establishment BS. Joe Carr is a very capable candidate that can beat Alexander, but we need to unite behind him and send a message in 2014 that the people are still the boss, and will hold our representatives accountable.

I'm all for this. What can I do?  When are the primaries?  I will personally drive, coerce, or shame 10 of my neighbors and friends to vote in the primary.  How can I get involved?

Guest ThePunisher

I'm all for this. What can I do?  When are the primaries?  I will personally drive, coerce, or shame 10 of my neighbors and friends to vote in the primary.  How can I get involved?

Check out this website tnteaparty.org and you can get information on how to get involved. The R primary is Aug 7th of 2014.