Job Opportunities: Hurricane Gustav Security

One of our training/security partners is down in the New Orleans area conducting security operations for a major big box chain during Hurricane Gustav.

They are needing 20 more qualified and professional bodies on the ground.

This is a static security gig, and will require Armed Guard/Security credentials or current LE commission/credentials.

Pay will be 400.00+ per day, all meals/lodging included.

Travel in and out of the area will be your responsibility.

Recommended kit:

M4/AR15 rifle with 400 rds of ammo

Handgun in 9/40/357/45/10 with 200rds of ball ammo

4 sets of uniforms (tactical pants/polo or black, blue, grey or green BDU style uniforms)

Duty belt/rig complete

Body Armor (if available)

All required credentials

This gig is projected to last 2-6 weeks+, and is available for immediate deployment.

You are not required to work the entire time, but need to inform the PM at the start of your rotation your estimated availability.

If you are interested in consideration for this assignment, please email a one page resume to Joe@hero-gear.com

Joe

CEO

Hero-Gear LLC

Hero Guns

www.hero-gear.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now this is an armed static gig, which will require you to be licensed or commisioned.

Since this is a rapid fielding, I doubt anyone that doesn't currently meet the standards will get hired for Gustav.

There will always be the need for this sort of thing, so take this time to start the process of getting yourself qualified.

I blasted this message out to a few other places and so far have 4 qualified people.

If you are interested in this sort of work today or in the future, let me know and I will be happy to help you get placed.

*if my schedule allows I will be down there next week to work as a teamleader. If I end up going, I will have more info when I return.

I think its total overkill, but if big companies want to spend tons of money to insure peace of mind, who am I to argue?

Unlike Katrina, lots of people have already evac'd, the National Guard is activated and in place, and there is a huge PMC force in place.

I doubt you will see the cheeky shenanigans that took place last time.