Saw a new style of carry tonight

jimmydeuce

I was having a beer or 3 tonight and thought I'd share this. Doesn't have a great ending or anything but here goes........

I had to go recliner shopping this evening. My old friend of the past 6 years went to the 'man cave in the sky' earlier today. As I was trying out a suitable replacement an older couple walked by followed by what I guessed was their son. I flopped the footrest down and we exchanged a hello as they walked by.

Now I'm deep in thought about making such an important purchase. This recliner isn't about me, it's about the dog. Is there enough room for him to lay beside me without me having to sit on the opposite arm of the chair so I'm not touching him? Will he have enough of a landing pad when he jumps from 10 feet away running at 100 mph? Is the footrest big enough for him to lay sideways on his back exposing his kibbles and bits for the world to see? Still I manage to notice something.

The son is wearing scrubs and semi pocket carrying a revolver, a big revolver. How do you semi pocket carry you ask?? You grip the big ass gun and stick most of it in your pocket. Next you leave the grip exposed above your pocket. How does the gun not just fall in or out of your pocket? You never take your hand off the grip is how!! I'm watching this guy walking around with a partially exposed gun in his hand.

I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw this it was hard to keep my hand from finding it's way under my shirt and on to the grip of my Kimber. So I stand there for a minute looking at this guy. When his Dad asked him something it was "yes sir". He's helping his mom by holding her purse while she fondles something. He's holding the purse with his left hand, right hand never comes off the grip. He sets the purse down and helps her sit on a chair she likes. Again, never lets go of what looks like a big S&W. Dad asked him another question, "yes sir". I'm thinking...seems like a nice guy but what the hell. So I ask.

Me: What ya got in your pocket?

Him: Ahhh...S&W revolver.

Me: Looks kinda big.

Him: Yeah, a 629. Left my carry gun home. This is my truck gun.

Me: Nice. Why you carrying it like that?

Him: Didn't have a holster with me.

Me: Guess you don't have enough pocket for it.

Him: Pocket has a hole in it.

Me: What??

Him: My pocket has a hole in it.

Me: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Him: No, really. There's a hole in my pocket and that's why I'm holding on to it.

I've absolutely lost it laughing at this point because he's serious as hell. There was so much more I wanted to say to him but he walked off as the guy from the warehouse walked up and said my recliner was up front waiting for me.

Here's the best part. I'm sure I was the only person that noticed. There was at least 20 people walking around and no one paid any attention. Too busy doing their own thing. And I worry about printing sometimes.

The story doesn't have a happy ending. The dog won't get near the new recliner. Pretty sure it's going back tomorrow.

• Like 10

Sounds like a good excuse to get a second truck gun. A smaller, scrub pocket friendly version.

I have 3 dogs, so I bought a reclining couch for the man cave.

Yup.

Scrub pockets, and scrubs in general are terrible for carry. You might be able to conceal a NA 22 revolver, but the better option is to change back into regular clothes after work as most hospitals already require of OR staff. Nurses and staff on the floors aren't required to change but I sure would.

Good on you for thinking of your dog. We do the same in our household. Heck...I like my dogs better than most people I come across. :cool:

And I gotta agree with Brasil...at least the guy was carrying.

Scrub pockets, and scrubs in general are terrible for carry. You might be able to conceal a NA 22 revolver, but the better option is to change back into regular clothes after work as most hospitals already require of OR staff. Nurses and staff on the floors aren't required to change but I sure would.

There are definite work-a-rounds Brother. I wear scrubs ever day I work, and I manage to carry a G 19 concealed, with reload, to and from work.

The gentleman in question just needs to give it a bit more thought and effort.

I can't fault the guy from being armed. :pleased:

Good on you for thinking of your dog. We do the same in our household. Heck...I like my dogs better than most people I come across. :cool:

And I gotta agree with Brasil...at least the guy was carrying.

There are definite work-a-rounds Brother. I wear scrubs ever day I work, and I manage to carry a G 19 concealed, with reload, to and from work.

The gentleman in question just needs to give it a bit more thought and effort.

I can't fault the guy from being armed. :pleased:

A lot depends on the scrubs, there's a world of difference between the brand name stuff some of our floor nurses/house staff buy to wear and the hospital issue OR scrubs. In our OR issued scrubs(the only scrubs I've worn here b/c I wear scrubs very infrequently) I can barely hold my pager in the pocket while I tie the drawstring much less a firearm.

This particular guy should have have thought further ahead, but that's pretty much a given.

• Like 1