Opinion on a taurus

Guest jps37033

Guest jps37033

I owned a taurus pt145 when I was in the army. I liked the gun, but at 15 yrds, I couldnt hit the side of a semi. I dont think it was me.

I loved the fit, feel, compactness, etc;

I want to venture back into a new taurus pt111 duo 9mm with rail. (12+1)

Do ya'll feel that the taurus is a good gun? Does anyone else have any first hand experience with one? Customer Service? Reliability? Wear and Tear? Thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jps37033

Im stocking up before the tell me that the law abiding citizens cant have guns but the outlaws can buy them on the black market, and that the government is protecting us :popcorn:

Although I don't own one now, I have owned and shot Taurus revolvers and autos. They were good guns and accurate enough for defense. I own S&Ws now because I can afford to buy them at this point in my life. I would not feel any less well armed with a Taurus revolver.

Guest bkelm18

Some will say Taurus is complete crap. Some will say they love them. I own a Taurus revolver and it has been perfect. I know several people who own Taurus semi's and they say they have never had a problem with them. I think Taurus' bad rep is more internet hype then anything else.

Guest macmonkey

I've got a Taurus .357 revolver and it's great. Feels awesome when shooting, good sites and even has a good spread at 25 yards.

Based on my experience I'm interested in possibly purchasing one of their semi's very soon.

i own 3 diff. taurus 2 auto 1 rev. pt145 pt92 and a 38 ultralight never had a problem with any of them .the pt145 is my ever day carry.i think if you went with a taurus you can not go wrong for the money.

Owned a PT92, and it was the most awful gun I've ever owned. Also owned a Model 85 Ultra Light, and sometimes miss it. FWIW, a guy I shoot IDPA with was trying to carry a subcompact Taurus .40 (Millennium?), but could never get magazines to stay in the gun, and finally got rid of it.

Guest jps37033

Ya'll are scaring me. LOL

I have owned 7 different handgun manufacturers. Not a single one has had a FTF, Stovepipe, FTE, Or anything???? I might just be lucky?? I scratched a lotto ($1 one) tonight, and won $100?? I have owned a pt145, p94, p32, p22, thunder .380, and more. Never had a problem of any! So, I dont know where to go. Here is the deal. I am spending $850 on 2 handguns, (or 1 if its bad azz) this week. Ya'll help me. I want to be ready for the zombies :confused:

I LOVE .40--- I think .40 is the ruler!!! Whoo HOO start a caliber war!

WHo has what to sell? I want good, clean, .40 cal's!

Glock 27

kahr cw40

taurus pt-40

S&W 40

and so on

I am buying.

Thanks