Is my math right?

There are 311 million people in the US

http://geography.about.com/od/obtainpopulationdata/a/uspopulation.htm

Updated July 21, 2011

The current U.S.A. population is over 311 million people (311,800,000 in mid-2011) so the United States has the world's third largest population (following China and India).

ObamaCare website is as big as $634 million

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/10/11/just-how-much-does-healthcaregov-cost/

I want my 2 million

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at all the deductions for all the government employees being fed before you, first. You know? They're always

first in line. We're just peons. Your 2 million gets reduced to about 50 cents.

Edited by 6.8 AR
That's perfect liberal math.

They'll make it sound like they've got it setup to help all of us hard working citizens when in reality, its the hard working, do the right thing producers whose money they are taking to give to those that can't or won't.

How about this: let me decide to help those who can't. Then, let me keep the rest of what I earn so I can spend it as I choose, and those who won't can reap what they sow.
  • Moderators

There are 311 million people in the US

http://geography.about.com/od/obtainpopulationdata/a/uspopulation.htm

Updated July 21, 2011

The current U.S.A. population is over 311 million people (311,800,000 in mid-2011) so the United States has the world's third largest population (following China and India).

ObamaCare website is as big as $634 million

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/10/11/just-how-much-does-healthcaregov-cost/

I want my 2 million

Ok, lets look at this in another way:

What if you have 311,000,000 (311 million) people, and you gave them $1 each? How many dollars total?

What if you have 634 people and you gave them $1,000,000 each? How many dollars total?

Guest Lester Weevils

Assuming 50 million have jobs that pay enough to net more tax than is refunded, maybe $12 per person?

Just grabbing the number out of the air. The actual number could be bigger or smaller. Could download stats spreadsheets from irs.gov and get a decent enough estimate. The irs xls spreadsheets contain a lot of info, but OTOH the info is arranged in such a fashion that some basic stats one might want to know, are difficult to calculate. Sometimes I've wondered if this is intentional.

There would be two numbers-- The number of people who pay more INCOME TAX than they receive in benefits, versus the larger number of people who pay more TOTAL TAX than they receive in bennies. I think the larger number would be the correct one, because the government will happily spend a SOCIAL SECURITY FICA tax dollar on a useless nonfunctional web site just as willingly as it will spend an INCOME TAX dollar. All the tax dollars get dumped in the general fund and spent immediately.

As to your original post, Red, your math is better than inside the beltway. They keep adding zeros, instead of

dropping them when dividing numbers. :D Of course, division isn't in their mindset, only multiplication.