Hair line crack in mesa tactical stock?

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Does this look like a crack in the adapter for the mesa tactical stock I just bought? This is the one for the Leo stock. I think it looks bad ass and I plan on shooting it tomorrow. I want to compare the enidine hydraulic recoil reduction to that of the black hawk Knoxx stock.

Hair line crack?

Posted Image

Photo shoot
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

That's a crack. Frankly, I'd call it a design flaw. There's sure not a lot of material attaching that grip - especially for something as hard recoiling as a 12 gauge.

Y'all reckon it will hold?

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

I would send it back if it were mine.

I bought it from a private dude. I'm working on getting my money back.

Y'all reckon it will hold?

Nope.

How long before it snaps off completely depends on the extent of the crack, and you'll have to take it apart to determine that. It could likely be fixed with the right kind of epoxy and/or some fiberglass.
Guest tdoccrossvilletn
[quote name="peejman" post="1046680" timestamp="1381451617"] Nope. How long before it snaps off completely depends on the extent of the crack, and you'll have to take it apart to determine that. It could likely be fixed with the right kind of epoxy and/or some fiberglass.[/quote] I took it apart it looks like a wrinkle in the finish not a crack but I could be wrong. Still working with the seller to get my money back. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy. Edited by tdoccrossvilletn
Guest tdoccrossvilletn

I would still call Mesa Tactical and see what they say.

I plan on doing that later today. Surely they have some kind of warranty. This things only a couple months old.

I plan on doing that later today. Surely they have some kind of warranty. This things only a couple months old.

Don't do anything else to it.  Contact Mesa like Dolomite said and they will take care of you

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
[quote name="TGO Actual" post="2" timestamp="1169068664"] [font=Arial Black][size=4][color=blue]Please Note...[/color][/size][/font] It is perfectly legal to buy and sell firearms provided federal and state legal statutes are obeyed. [color=red]Transfer of firearms ownership between individuals residing in different states must be managed by a third party who is a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder.[/color] Virtually anyone who is involved in the sale or distribution of firearms is an FFL holder, including gun shops. To take delivery of a firearm, buyers must either have an FFL or find an FFL in their local area to take delivery of the item for them. If you have an FFL, you already know what is required. For buyers who do not hold an FFL, this means the buyer must find an FFL in their area to take delivery for them. This typically means the buyer must contact a local gun shop and make arrangements for the transfer. Buyers must contact the FFL holder before buying an item. By contacting the FFL holder before buying, the buyer can verify that all state and federal laws will be observed. For most firearms, the buyer must be able to pass a background check. The GunBroker.com website has compiled a list of FFL holders who are willing to take delivery and manage the transfer of firearms on behalf of unlicensed buyers. Please check out their list at the [url="http://www.gunbroker.com/user/dealernetwork.asp"]FFL Holder Network[/url] page. Gunbroker.com has also created a page of information about shipping firearms. [url="http://www.gunbroker.com/user/shippingguide.asp"]Click here[/url] for information about how to ship firearms, including tips on shipping using the various popular carriers. This page contains information for both dealers and unlicensed persons. Typically, accessories (such as holsters, clips, sights, scopes, etc.) do not have to be shipped through an FFL.[/quote] I'm going to. I wonder if it matters this was pre owned? Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy. Edited by tdoccrossvilletn

If you think its a flaw in the finish, get some fine sandpaper and polish it a bit. If it goes away, great. If not, it's a crack.

Good advice.  I can't tell from the picture, and a light sanding is a good, quick way to know for sure. 

FYI, Mesa tactical has an excellent reputation for quality and customer service, they'll probably make it right.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
Update:

I called mesa tactical. They said they have a lifetime warranty on their products and gave me an rma to send it back on my dime. So that's what i'm going to do.

Please Note...

It is perfectly legal to buy and sell firearms provided federal and state legal statutes are obeyed. Transfer of firearms ownership between individuals residing in different states must be managed by a third party who is a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder. Virtually anyone who is involved in the sale or distribution of firearms is an FFL holder, including gun shops.

To take delivery of a firearm, buyers must either have an FFL or find an FFL in their local area to take delivery of the item for them. If you have an FFL, you already know what is required. For buyers who do not hold an FFL, this means the buyer must find an FFL in their area to take delivery for them. This typically means the buyer must contact a local gun shop and make arrangements for the transfer.

Buyers must contact the FFL holder before buying an item. By contacting the FFL holder before buying, the buyer can verify that all state and federal laws will be observed. For most firearms, the buyer must be able to pass a background check.

The GunBroker.com website has compiled a list of FFL holders who are willing to take delivery and manage the transfer of firearms on behalf of unlicensed buyers. Please check out their list at the FFL Holder Network page.

Gunbroker.com has also created a page of information about shipping firearms. Click here for information about how to ship firearms, including tips on shipping using the various popular carriers. This page contains information for both dealers and unlicensed persons.

Typically, accessories (such as holsters, clips, sights, scopes, etc.) do not have to be shipped through an FFL.

I'm going to. I wonder if it matters this was pre owned?

Why would the quote by TGO Actual have anything to do with this post? It is a stock, not a gun that is being sent in.

Also, just so you know repairs on firearms are totally different than the sale of a firearm. You can ship a firearm directly to a manufacturer and they will ship it directly back, even a replacement gun with a different serial number, to you without going through a FFL. And finally, any sale of any firearm within the border of Tennessee doesn't require an FFL transfer. I have sold, and mailed, firearms to people here in the state after verifying their residency without using an FFL and it is perfectly legal.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Why would the quote by TGO Actual have anything to do with this post? It is a stock, not a gun that is being sent in.

Also, just so you know repairs on firearms are totally different than the sale of a firearm. You can ship a firearm directly to a manufacturer and they will ship it directly back, even a replacement gun with a different serial number, to you without going through a FFL. And finally, any sale of any firearm within the border of Tennessee doesn't require an FFL transfer. I have sold, and mailed, firearms to people here in the state after verifying their residency without using an FFL and it is perfectly legal.

Exactly I was like wtf? Why was that posted by someone?