Lowe's Shooter (Cleveland, TN)

• Moderators

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/oct/03/shooter-taken-custody-cleveland-tn-lowes/

Ends with them playing hide and seek in Lowe's and the cops arresting the shooter. Interestingly enough, I used to be a pretty good friend of the guy that made the 911 call. I'll have to catch him sometime and see what he has to say.

You just never know what you are going to expect. 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TankerHC
I didn't read the entire article since I'm on my phone. Can someone quickly explain why anyone has to shoot their way INTO a store? Was the store closed? If not,why couldn't he have used the rubber mat pressure opener thingy like everyone else?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

I didn't read the entire article since I'm on my phone. Can someone quickly explain why anyone has to shoot their way INTO a store? Was the store closed? If not,why couldn't he have used the rubber mat pressure opener thingy like everyone else?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

It was closed, but employees were still inside. He was looking for a specific employee who was not there at the time.

• Moderators
My take on it is that the store was closing. Probably locked doors and open cash register time. His wife was "dating" one of the Lowe's employees. My understanding was that he was at the store and got chased around while being shot at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

My take on it is that the store was closing. Probably locked doors and open cash register time. His wife was "dating" one of the Lowe's employees. My understanding was that he was at the store and got chased around while being shot at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I must have misunderstood the video. I thought they said his target was not in the store at the time, but I read the article, and it does appear the target was in fact int he store at the time.

The store closes at 10 pm, this apparently happened around 11.  I don't think Lowe's will post their stores - lose too many customers that way.  Only the employees are prohibited from carrying or even having a firearm in their car in the parking lot.  Some employees don't obey those rules.

The store closes at 10 pm, this apparently happened around 11.  I don't think Lowe's will post their stores - lose too many customers that way.  Only the employees are prohibited from carrying or even having a firearm in their car in the parking lot.  Some employees don't obey those rules.

There are probably as many guns in employees cars as not. The only thing I really don't like is can't even carry there on my day off.

Sounds like he needed more range time before going hunting his foe. Glad no one got hurt or killed. I wonder if he would have been chasing the guy around Lowes with a sword or big knife if it would have made the headlines or been a 5 sentence paragraph on page 6.?????

There are probably as many guns in employees cars as not. The only thing I really don't like is can't even carry there on my day off.

I always carried in Lowes when shopping there on my days off.  I was just another customer on those days, and concealed means concealed.  Their rules didn't apply to me when I wasn't on the clock.