CZ9mm's Photography

• Moderators

I have made the decision to start dedicating some time to an old hobby again. As such, I've decided to post some of them here. Feedback welcome and appreciated, even if it is negative! Also open to ideas for other photographs too.

Also, I've ran a photo website before. However, it's been a while. I have the complete technical know-how, but I'm asking for recommendations for platforms that might provide a professional looking display and also allow viewers/customers to purchase prints/mugs/etc? It probably wouldn't be worth my time, but I figure it'd be kinda fun to put up several hundred photographs I've taken and see if I can sell prints of them for a few bucks shipped or something. I'd want the platform to handle purchasing, payment, and actual fulfillment of whatever is being sold and shipped.

Ok, here are my first two. I suppose I'll plan on updating this thread as I go along.

zamUGv7.jpg

0RrjLvR.jpg

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

Looks good but im no photo critique.

Got any plans for some blued steel, walnut, and leather? Maybe some western themed stuff?

That could be cool. However, the only thing that likes to hangout here is either anodized, stainless, or plastic.  :rofl:

Guest Broomhead

What is your subject? The belt/buckle? If so you got it good. If you are aiming for something else then you need to move your focal point. The first shot, you need to adjust your aperture so more things are in focus, I can never remember if that's bigger or smaller. Even a slightly larger focal plane, say including the rounds, would look better imho. Maybe choose a different subject than a belt buckle, I don't know, just me.

Keep 'em coming.

Nice pics. The 2nd one could be a touch brighter, as the writing on the buckel is hard to see. But I am viewing on my phone...

As for platform, I use the basic version of smugmug for archiving and sharing. I know they have nice commercial packages that allow people to buy prints and such. The prints I've gotten from them are good. If you want to try them out, PM me and I'll send you a referral discount code.
  • Moderators

The higher the aperture number (say f/22) the more in your field of view. But that means the aperture hole is really tiny. The smaller you aperture number (say f/1.4 or f/1.8), the less that is in your field of view. But that means the aperture hole is actually quite open.

The quality is there but they both feel like photos about nothing. There's just tactical things lying about. A magazine pointing one way, a gun another and what appears to be to bottom of a flashlight.

***edit*** I mean that constructively btw, just spelling out what I felt when I saw it. Edited by NoBanStan
Guest Broomhead

Photography is a great hobby. I have taken some classes so I could learn more about the technical side as well as the artistic side. I have even made some money on the side during my daughter's softball season and also senior portrait time. I can't always remember what setting to tell someone to put their camera on, but I do know how to make the camera do what I want it to and get the results I'm after. Here's my FB page and my Photobucket page.

I would suggest a class if you haven't already. There are so many things a DSLR is capable of these days that most folks just barely scratch the surface. I took an Intro to Photography class when I was taking some college classes that improved my pictures 100 fold at least. They can help you scratch much deeper. There is also a Mid TN Shutterbugs group on FB that has helped me immensely even by just seeing their photos.

I'm anxious to see some more of your work. Feel free to PM or email me if you want or need anything.

Edited by Broomhead
My better half is a photographer and has coached me along in taking some really cool shots of my reloading obsession. I like doing macro stuff mostly and once she gets her new photo printer she's going to help me mount them to decorate the gun room with. Keep at it I think our firearms hobby is a great subject for pics.