I know everyone couldn't do this, but... what if no one signed up?

Guest 6.8 AR

Guest 6.8 AR

Obamacare! They say 25% don't plan on enrolling. I wonder what would happen if no one

signed up?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/09/30/25-of-the-Uninsured-Say-They-Plan-to-Stay-That-Way

I know I plan to have absolutely nothing to do with it. There are some who can't say that, and I understand,

but it would be nice to see the government get a refusal from the people. Call it a peaceful rebellion from

medical tyranny.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I definetely wont have anything to do with it personally. I have health insurance through my employer now but plan on dropping all but the lowest medical plan come open enrollment time. Ive been without health insurance my whole life up until a year ago no problem now
Guest TresOsos

No one wants to be the one they make an example out of. Just like the starve the beast plan, eveyone puts 12 dependents or more on their witholding W-4 forms and pays no with holding taxes in and at the end of the year doesn't file income tax returns. Starve them, but nobody wants to be the 1 out of a hundred million to be made an example of.

Too many takers in this country. They'll sign up for it because they'll get it for free. This will cause the gov't to proclaim it a rousing success.

just wait untill the people figure out they can not sign up and lie about it on their tax return by stating they do have it without any penalty at all. Then if they get sick with a serious illness, them run down and sign and cannot be refused for a preexisting condition. talk about playing the system!!
Guest 6.8 AR

Well, the time you get sick, you may already have not much of a system to use, anyway. The IRS isn't what bothers

me as much as the destruction of the healthcare system will be afterwards. I don't know how many people max out

their exemptions on the W-4's, and I doubt that would be a good way to go. My taxable income dropped to zero, this

year, anyway, so I won't be in any trouble with that, but I have no idea what kind of insurance I will have after my two

years left of Aetna is up, from my employer.

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less. I will pay cash to the best of my ability.

I still can't get signed up to even take a look - multiple times, computers, and browsers and won't let me select the required security questions to create an account.

I'm holding out hope that insurance through work will not be as bad as it sounds. Having a 1 year old makes it a bit difficult to go without insurance - could care less about me being covered but pediatrician visits are ridiculously expensive.

If 25% of the populace decide to just pay the fine instead of enrolling, it doesn't stop the destruction. Edited by jonathon1289

I think folks got a real taste of what they can expect yesterday when the web site got overwhelmed and shut down several times and most folks gave up trying to sign up or get any information on it. I was listening to bits and pieces of it and they kept talking about this big hub on the site that would give you a price your insurance policy "MIGHT" cost but could not give you an exact cost so in all reality it was just guessing but they admitted that it could be off as much as 25 to 35% of what your actual cost will be and that could go either way. As of right now I have not seen 1 positive thing come out of this as of today's reports. My concern is not getting insurance because I have Medicare and a supplement policy. My main concern is of what I am hearing about the doctors that are not going to sign up to accept it and how many doctors are just going into retirement. We are losing doctors like flies in winter. My doctor has cut back on her patient count. Has quit making hospital rounds and paying a hospital for practicing privileges so any patients that needs hospital care will get what ever doctors are practicing at said hospital. I asked her last time we spoke and she said I will continue to be one of her patients as long as she keeps her private practice which took a big burden off of me.  

Guest 6.8 AR

According to Rush, a little while ago on his show, Dr. Drew made a statement on some CNN show about the

low information voters and the rest of the poor folks will just go to the ER, like they always have, and skip the

enrollment.

Well, the time you get sick, you may already have not much of a system to use, anyway. The IRS isn't what bothers

me as much as the destruction of the healthcare system will be afterwards. I don't know how many people max out

their exemptions on the W-4's, and I doubt that would be a good way to go. My taxable income dropped to zero, this

year, anyway, so I won't be in any trouble with that, but I have no idea what kind of insurance I will have after my two

years left of Aetna is up, from my employer.

Quite frankly, I couldn't care less. I will pay cash to the best of my ability.

Can't we just go in the ER  tell them No Habla and pass out in the floor anymore?

I actually got to witness that happen while waiting on my brother in law at the ER.