AR-15 .300 Blackout and a Sig Arm Brace.

jcluff

So, my questions are these:

1) what is the recoil like on a .300 blackout out of an 8" barrel?
2) how uncomfortable is the buffer tube when jammed into the shoulder?
3) AAC or Noveske upper?

I am building a new lower as a pistol in about a month and am trying to figure out the budget. I had an opportunity to swing by Everything Weapons in cool springs and try out the Sig Arm Brace, and it seems comfortable enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't really keep up with AR items, so the Sig Arm Brace was a new one to me tonight.  While the ATF says it is a brace, and the ATF says you can shoulder a pistol buffer tube, doesn't the Sig Arm Brace really have some grey area if you shoulder it?  Sure looks like a butt stock to me.  But I'm thinking about changing my mind about getting an AR pistol :)

Depends on whether you are shooting supersonic or subsonic. It also makes a difference if it is suppressed or not.

A supersonic, full power load is a little more than full power 223 as far as recoil goes. I have had several people say my 300 Blackout pistols are equal to a 357 magnum as far as recoil. Subsonic loads in an AR rifle are close to my wife's 9mm AR. A 9mm blowback has more felt recoil than a gas operated 223.

I have no clue how much a suppressor will reduce the recoil but it does because of the added weight as well as the reduction in muzzle blast. Ask me in December and I should have an answer by then.

I don't really keep up with AR items, so the Sig Arm Brace was a new one to me tonight.  While the ATF says it is a brace, and the ATF says you can shoulder a pistol buffer tube, doesn't the Sig Arm Brace really have some grey area if you shoulder it?  Sure looks like a butt stock to me.  But I'm thinking about changing my mind about getting an AR pistol :)

You can shoulder any legal pistol you want to, just as you can also not shoulder any legal rifle or shotgun you want to.

There's no law about method of shooting your firearms, only regarding the configuration of them.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

Depends on whether you are shooting supersonic or subsonic. It also makes a difference if it is suppressed or not.

A supersonic, full power load is a little more than full power 223 as far as recoil goes. I have had several people say my 300 Blackout pistols are equal to a 357 magnum as far as recoil. Subsonic loads in an AR rifle are close to my wife's 9mm AR. A 9mm blowback has more felt recoil than a gas operated 223.

I have no clue how much a suppressor will reduce the recoil but it does because of the added weight as well as the reduction in muzzle blast. Ask me in December and I should have an answer by then.

That's good info and helps me understand what to expect. I haven't decided if I will get a suppressor yet. Not sure if I want to go through the hassle involved with the stamp.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD