300 Blackout Rem 700 at Walmart

atlas3025

For anyone insterested, Wal-Mart in Halls (Knoxville) has a Remington 700 AAC in 300 Blackout.  I have one and they are really neat rifles.  They have a 16 inch threaded bull-barrel and Hogue over-molded stock.  Wally's price is $677, which is very good.

201222495435-700blackout_m.jpg

• Like 2

Got to get a hold of one at a shop down in Florida a little while back. I don't own one but it is on my lengthy "short" list. Really nice feeling gun but would love to get behind one, I would have had the opportunity to shoot it if they would have had ammo on hand but I had none of mine with me there for I did not shoot  :down:

For anyone insterested, Wal-Mart in Halls (Knoxville) has a Remington 700 AAC in 300 Blackout.  I have one and they are really neat rifles.  They have a 16 inch threaded bull-barrel and Hogue over-molded stock.  Wally's price is $677, which is very good.

201222495435-700blackout_m.jpg

That Walmart has had some interesting guns that are found no where else. I have seen Remington R15's there, several Magpul Sigs, a few "designated Marksman" type rifles from various manufacturers and several Colt models that I have seen no where else. They used to sell DPMS 308 AR's for $897.

Glad to see they finally came to their senses. A few days after Sandyhook they removes ALL of the black rifles. I asked why and was told they were illegal to sell because of the shooting. I asked about 223 ammo and they said they removed it from the shelf because it was also outlawed because it was used in the shooting too. Then when I asked what happened to all the 22 they said they had a few ARs chambered in 22 so they removed all that ammo as well. Bascailly anything that looked like an AR was removed from the shelves as well as any ammo they used.

BTW, this Walmart also sells everything you need to reload. You can buy reloading kits, powders and even primers.

The manager there needs a raise because he is doing things right. It is the only Walmart I have been to that had a selection.

That Walmart has had some interesting guns that are found no where else. I have seen Remington R15's there, several Magpul Sigs, a few "designated Marksman" type rifles from various manufacturers and several Colt models that I have seen no where else. They used to sell DPMS 308 AR's for $897.

Glad to see they finally came to their senses. A few days after Sandyhook they removes ALL of the black rifles. I asked why and was told they were illegal to sell because of the shooting. I asked about 223 ammo and they said they removed it from the shelf because it was also outlawed because it was used in the shooting too. Then when I asked what happened to all the 22 they said they had a few ARs chambered in 22 so they removed all that ammo as well. Bascailly anything that looked like an AR was removed from the shelves as well as any ammo they used.

BTW, this Walmart also sells everything you need to reload. You can buy reloading kits, powders and even primers.

The manager there needs a raise because he is doing things right. It is the only Walmart I have been to that had a selection.

The walmart by me sells lots of different rifles as well, I have seen all of the guns you mentioned there and they seem to keep those in stock. That being said, your Walmart rocks! I've never seen one that carried reloading supplies.

My only gripe about the Halls Wal-Mart is that they still have little to no ammo since Sandy Hook.  I think the staff there is involved in its quick disappearance from the shelves.  Since summer 2012, they had a call list for the 420 Round Fed Ammo cans of 5.56.  In february, they actually called me to tell me it was in, but I didn't answer because I was on the phone with my mother (and didn't recognize the number calling in.)  I called it back 10 minutes later and got Wal-Mart's switchboard, so immediatly drove down there thinking that perhaps that is why they called. 

When I got to the sporting good's dept, there was no ammo at all.  I asked the guy behind the counter if they had called people on their list.  He said yeah, so I told him I was one of the ones he called, but missed it.  He said something like "oh, well, hang on, I can at least help you out a little" and he reached under the counter and pulled out a 100 round pack of federal and sold it to me. 

So for whatever reason, they had stacked ammo under the counter and were telling people they were out of stock.  Maybe they were just trying to ration a bit, but I have not seen another round of 223 there since then.

My only gripe about the Halls Wal-Mart is that they still have little to no ammo since Sandy Hook.  I think the staff there is involved in its quick disappearance from the shelves.  Since summer 2012, they had a call list for the 420 Round Fed Ammo cans of 5.56.  In february, they actually called me to tell me it was in, but I didn't answer because I was on the phone with my mother (and didn't recognize the number calling in.)  I called it back 10 minutes later and got Wal-Mart's switchboard, so immediatly drove down there thinking that perhaps that is why they called. 

When I got to the sporting good's dept, there was no ammo at all.  I asked the guy behind the counter if they had called people on their list.  He said yeah, so I told him I was one of the ones he called, but missed it.  He said something like "oh, well, hang on, I can at least help you out a little" and he reached under the counter and pulled out a 100 round pack of federal and sold it to me. 

So for whatever reason, they had stacked ammo under the counter and were telling people they were out of stock.  Maybe they were just trying to ration a bit, but I have not seen another round of 223 there since then.

The Walmart at east town was caught doing this. Except they would keep it for their friends. I know I caught them in a lie more than once. I asked about ammo and was told they were completely out. I walked to the side and leaned over the counter and seen tons of ammo. I asked about it and was told it was being held for someone else. The same people, with the exception of a couple, still work there and I seriously doubt their spots have changed.

I hate to accuse...but I think there has been a lot of the going on...and I have seen so many reports of Walmarts in other parts of the state starting to return to normal, but that hasn't been the case in regards to ammo in the Knoxville Area for sure. 

I believe that the 3 box limit is not imposed uniformly by some walmart employees.

Edited by atlas3025