Where is the outrage?

jcoosi

The pandas may be offline but if you get cspan you can still see the panderers.

On 2nd thought, shut down cspan and turn on the pandacam. At least the pandas aren't sickening.

Guest TankerHC

Yes, all I have been hearing all over the news is nothing on how this is affecting US Citizens. What I have been hearing is how this is affecting all of the tourists. Interview after interview of foreign tourists who cannot get into the Washington Monument, the Capital or The Statue of Liberty.

Cause thats whats important.

Outrage has been and is often farmed, harvested, and indeed sold to fund influence and power.  Unfortunately, we, collectively, have not been stockholders in our own "for profit" venture in the production and sale of such commodities.

Oh the humanity! The suffering of the children!

Funny to think that a webcam which has no paycheck somehow must be turned off to "save money"

I'm sure it's to save on electrical use and the technician(s) hired to stand by it 24/7 and keep it running. 

I'm sure it's to save on electrical use and the technician(s) hired to stand by it 24/7 and keep it running.

Well thank goodness they're starting the cost savings with the High dollar expenses. If these idiots worked at my company they would be fired in a minute. Oh wait - they do work for me.....

who cares. so far the shut down as done nothing to the working man.

Well, I guess that depends on how you define a working man. There are government workers that are not being paid, won't get retro pay, and don't know for how long this will affect their family. In Clarksville this affects a lot of working men and women.

Yup.

Well, I guess that depends on how you define a working man. There are government workers that are not being paid, won't get retro pay, and don't know for how long this will affect their family. In Clarksville this affects a lot of working men and women.

Yup.

The federal government has shut down 17 times in the past. After every one of those the pay was restored to all those furloughed. So I feel reasonably confident that it will be done this time. It is true IF it were to drag out for weeks there would be real pain for furloughed workers. However, I'm going out on a limb again and say that this time next week we'll be talking about something else that's about to end life as we know it.:)