Umph... tough, tough spot.

Peace

Guest 6.8 AR

I know most of us here that carry use the color code.

I wonder if the trouble could have been avoided with some situational awareness by the Range Rover Driver.

dailyhttp://www.policeone.com/police-trainers/articles/2188253-Cooper-s-colors-A-simple-system-for-situational-awareness/

Not everyone is geared up for everything. That's a load of crap. Those bikers were at fault and you shouldn't have to

be defensive just driving down the road. Those bikers should either, be like everyone else on the road, or keep their

damned attitudes somewhere else, because they had no right to do anything they did.

Guest 6.8 AR

I don't think so. Anyway, if you have to go through life avoiding everything, and it appears everything is just down the pike,

before long, there will be everything to avoid. So, where do you go from there?

Some of this stuff just needs to be bulldozed out of the way.

The permissive environment for criminals that procrime DAs and Judges have created, along with legislation aimed at disarming and dissuading people from defending themselves will eventually give rise to widespread vigilante justice. Pretty soon criminals are gonna tangle with the wrong guy and he's gonna mow down a crowd of hoodlums.

As far as this pack of wild beasts, they need to be tracked down, systematically executed, fed to pigs, houses burned and earth salted.
  • Like 2

Looks like they may all get away... Not wanting to prosecute.
http://nypost.com/2013/10/02/da-wont-charge-bike-assault-thug-in-suv-beating/

No surprise. See the post above yours. This plays out repeatedly across the country. Criminals live in a consequence-free environment while the law-abiding citizen is prosecuted when defending themselves in a situation they didnt create. God help these people if its ever my family victimized. I'm betting it this was the family of the DA or anyone in local government they'd be charging people. Since its just a lowly pleb, who cares.

Looks like they may all get away... Not wanting to prosecute.
http://nypost.com/2013/10/02/da-wont-charge-bike-assault-thug-in-suv-beating/

Okay, if the case it too 'weak' (I don't see how the case could be weak when one of the a-holes involved caught the whole thing on camera) then simply hold them while deciding whether or not to press charges.  By 'hold' them I mean put them in general population on Rikers Island and maybe one of the guards could let it 'slip' that they were, among other things, endangering and terrorizing a two year old little girl. 

As for the one who is paralyzed, I have no f'ing pity.  He was not an 'innocent bystander' (as I saw his aunt claim in one article.)  He was stopped ON THE INTERSTATE as part of a group that was boxing the Range Rover in to prevent the driver and his family from escaping the mob.  If he had not been doing so, he would not have been run over.  Then the aunt tried to make it about money and lifestyle by saying that the guy driving a Range Rover and living a luxurious lifestyle can get away with running over people just because they ride bikes and have tattoos.  No, dumbass, the Range Rover driver can get away with running over people because those people were posing a threat to his life and the lives of his family.  My only hope is that the paralyzed biker lives a long, miserable life so he can serve as an example to others who would engage in such behavior.

Hell, I even saw an interview with the scumbag's wife on the television news where she was claiming that he was stopped and getting off his bike to 'help' the Range Rover driver.  She went on to say that the driver just panicked 'for some reason' (claimed she wasn't sure why) but now her husband was in the hospital.  Waaah.  What a bunch of bull crap.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1
I hope the next few decades this wife and mother spend wiping this guys butt are a miserable hell for them all until the mother eventually dies, the wife leaves him and the paralyzed piece of garbage spends his remaining years alone and depressed until he finally takes his own life in a final act if cowardice. F*** these people. I'm tired of honest people being victimized by rabid baboons only to have the family of these baboons show absolutely NO shame for the actions of these criminals.
  • Like 1

Sad day when we fault a young man for driving down the highway during the middle of the day with his family by suggesting he is in any way responsible because he failed to have situational awareness.

It's not about fault. As I told my daughter when teaching her to cross the road: Be careful because even if you're in the right, you can still end up dead.

No surprise. See the post above yours. This plays out repeatedly across the country. Criminals live in a consequence-free environment while the law-abiding citizen is prosecuted when defending themselves in a situation they didnt create. God help these people if its ever my family victimized. I'm betting it this was the family of the DA or anyone in local government they'd be charging people. Since its just a lowly pleb, who cares.

I agree. That's ridiculous. Whatever else went on, dragging someone from their vehicle and beating them is serious assault. And people wonder why respect for the law is on the decline.

A lowly pleb who can afford a fairly expensive vehicle.  Hopefully, that also means he can afford attorneys that are good enough that he can file a civil suit and end up having even more money plus owning a whole fleet of slightly used crotch rockets which formerly belonged to a bunch of asshats who thought they had the right to close public roads so they could shoot video of their stupid stunts.

A lowly pleb who can afford a fairly expensive vehicle. Hopefully, that also means he can afford attorneys that are good enough that he can file a civil suit and end up having even more money plus owning a whole fleet of slightly used crotch rockets which formerly belonged to a bunch of asshats who thought they had the right to close public roads so they could shoot video of their stupid stunts.

Well he's educated and has a higher paying job, but one's worth based on income is a subjective perception. In NYC he wouldn't be considered rich by comparison, but where I live you're in the top percentile of income if you're sporting a brand new Range Rover. This guy isn't a meat eater, which is why I feel real bad for him that he was forced to take on a large gang of biker douches. For people like him the law is all he has and it failed him and his family miserably.
  • Like 1

Well he's educated and has a higher paying job, but one's worth based on income is a subjective perception. In NYC he wouldn't be considered rich by comparison, but where I live you're in the top percentile of income if you're sporting a brand new Range Rover. This guy isn't a meat eater, which is why I feel real bad for him that he was forced to take on a large gang of biker douches. For people like him the law is all he has and it failed him and his family miserably.

Exactly. When I picture him, I see my father in law. Who drives the same SUV and if put in the same situation would have no ability to fight and probably too timid to run over the bike to start with. He is a brilliant man, just not a "meat eater" as you stated. This image just fuels my anger. Preying on the physically weak boils my blood. I'm no he-man but I'll scratch your eyes out ;)

For people like him the law is all he has and it failed him and his family miserably.

That is actually why I am hoping he can afford a couple of barracuda lawyers to go after the gang in a civil suit.  Maybe a successful suit would not only punish the wrongdoers but also win back a measure of 'how things are supposed to be' for the victim and his family.

I doubt a civil suit would be worth it.

Of course it's worth it. It ain't about the money. In the long run it wouldn't be worth it to burn their houses down and piss on the ashes, but it's what I'd do if they terrorized my family like that.
  • Like 1

From what I understand they are not prosecuting yet because they are investigating to see who started what, because the initiator(s) is/are going to be responsible for everything, including the paralyzed man that was ran over.

Also, the guy that was ran over has multiple arrests and was recently arrested for driving on a revoked license (revoked until 2017).  He hasn't had a valid license since 1999 and has never had a motorcycle license.

The guy that beat up Lien has 21 prior arrests.

Lien's wife called 911 four times in 8 minutes and the operator could hear the bikers beating on the car.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Biker-West-Side-Highway-Video-Attack-Paralyze-Spine-Driver-Beating-Mob-Motorcycle-226289001.html

Edited by Sam1
  • Like 1
Sounds like he should have run over a few more of them.

This is what happens when the general public is conditioned to "let the 'authorities' handle it". And are often prosecuted when they administer a well-deserved beat-down to some a-hole.

This I a bit of a tangent, but does anyone remember 9/11/01? That would have NEVER happened if it weren't for the aforementioned conditioning to sit back and let the "authorities" handle things. If the first two-legged cockroach who stood up and started screeching 'allahu akbar' had received a knife blade in his brainstem (yes, you could still take a pocket knife on a flight back then. I had one in my pocket on a flight one month before that happened), the rest may have rethought their plan or suffered the same fate.

Likewise with those worthless slimebags on those bikes. If one group of them got steamrolled by a jacked up 4x4 or ventilated by an AR, the next group likely wouldn't be so bold.

Before somebody blows a gasket and claims that I'm comparing Sept 11 to this incident, I am not. I AM saying that this country has become a society of panty-waists, by design and by law, and this is a result of it.

I better go to bed. I'm cranky.

Will
  • Like 2
The more I read about this story the more rage I feel. This whole thing would have been over in less than a couple of seconds if the man was allowed to arm himself. Instead they were forced to rely on a police force who were too late, as usual, and a judicial system that rewards violent criminals and encourages these violent acts. We need to start purging these scum who have been unleashed on our population; we can't depend on the law to do it.
  • Like 4
Yeah, I'm holding off on my rage regarding the off duty cops. I don't know what the circumstances were or if they even witnessed the actual assault. There were a lot of bikers out that day, and the press could have very well taken a poetic license or not have the correct facts.

What is not in dispute is what's in that video. Everyone involved in terrorizing that family and assaulting them need to be removed from the gene pool via woodchipper.
The guy that recorded the video is in deep now too. He told investigators that the video stopped because the battery ran out, but it sounds like he tried to delete part of it.

Guess he didn't figure they would come and confiscate his stuff. Hope he gets ramrodded too. Edited by Sam1