Need AR parts

strickj

Whelp my dumb ask let the Takedown and Pivot Pin Detent Spring,and Pin Detent go flying off to never never land whilst putting together my AR :dirty:

Anybody have these laying around?

I buy someone an ice cream!I promise I will,really I will,I will,I promise! :sniffsniff:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Verbal Kint

Those parts are the most fun to put in! :dirty:

Luckily, having seen that done a few times, I paid the few bucks extra and picked up the assembly tool for that... makes installation a breeze.

Hope you find the parts, or someone has some extras to give you.

You know... I had to replace my detent spring once because

it had gotten mangled. I was wanting to shoot the next day

so was in a hurry. So I went to a gun shop in the Franklin area.

They charged me $3.50 for the spring. I smiled and paid the $3.50 (+Tax)

and have never bought anything from there since then nor will I.

(I had bought other accessories there before that.)

Sorry... brought back a bad memory.

• Administrator
Is it possible to remove a pivot pin,and spring thats already installed?

Yeah but they say it's a bitch. I would try using a dental pick to depress the detent pin through the channel it rides in, while removing the take-down pin.

• 1 year later...
man i have them, send me your address to drulee0811@gmail.com, i have extra setens, any spring, endplates, gas tube, roll pins, gas blocks, no charge just email me your address

Thanks!

But, I picked them up at a gun show over a year and a half ago :cry:

Since this has been brought up from the depths, I was able to pick up two of the detent springs and two detent pins at a gun show for a buck for all four, iirc.

Paying 5 bucks shipping for such is just crazy!

Edited by strickj