The Good and the Bad about AR Open Carry

I think the video below it was pretty good too.  I am not against open carry and do so sometimes myself, but I do agree with the guy who owns the gun store.  If you didn't watch the second video, I think it most closely hits on the debate between gun owners.

Guest TresOsos

I saw this earlier and thought the Peace Officer/Sherriff's Deputy handled himself and the 2nd Admendments advocates with dignity and respect.

I classify him as a traditional Peace Officer not a Law Enforcement Officer, to me there is a big difference. I also hope there is no repercussions

coming his way.

This is how everyone of my friends in law enforcement handle themselves and situations and I hope i'm not naive in my thinking that the majority of sheriffs deputies are the same way. I like that this guy went a step further and gave them a quick constitutional lesson. 

• Like 1

I think the video below it was pretty good too.  I am not against open carry and do so sometimes myself, but I do agree with the guy who owns the gun store.  If you didn't watch the second video, I think it most closely hits on the debate between gun owners.

There does seem to be a pretty thin line there huh.. I think people driving by should have enough common (now a days un common) sense to realize that this guy was no threat. I mean, whens the last time anyone saw someone carry flags and poster board signs to call attention to themselves just before they committed some heinous act? I think he was absolutely right in saying that the deputy should have assessed the situation (or lack of)  before ever getting out of his patrol car. On the other side of the coin, you have the guys in the 1st video that carried themselves in a much more professional manner and had the guy from the 2nd video done the same, the deputies, even though in the wrong, may have handled themselves more professionally... who knows though. I don't open carry in my day to day doings but if out on a street corner taking part in a 2A rally i would have no problems doing so and I would hope that wouldn't subject me to the same treatment video #2 guy received. I guess the moral to the story is to exercise common sense while exercising your 2A rights and for pete's sake please be tactful and do everything within your power to de-escalate the situation even if your not in the wrong.

“I’m out to catch bad guys, not people that are exercising their constitutional rights.” - this is how every LEO/law-abiding OC/CC interaction should be handled.

Well, you can't do it in TN with a loaded AR and the odds of being stopped to confirm that hover around 100%.

- OS

First video shows you what we should be looking for in police officers...  sadly the second video shows us the results of current hiring practices in most police departments...

Frankly we should be talking that first officer into coming down here to TN and running one of our large departments...  I'm willing to bet he'd clean house in short order.

• Like 1

Walking in somewhere in TN with an AR will probably get your butt shot. I hate the "bait" videos. They serve no purpose other than to put fear into the sheeple and make LE look bad. JMHO