Good WalMart experience

My wife went grocery shopping at WalMart yesterday.  She open carries fairly often, but this was the first time she went to this particular store.  Shortly after she entered, she noticed an employee with a camera and clipboard following her from a distance.  He kept his distance, but didn't lose sight of her.  When she was heading toward the checkout, the store manager and a security guard stopped her.  From a safe distance, the manager asked if she had an HCP.  She said yes.  He said, "Thank you, and have a nice day."  They left, she checked out, and went about her business.

I can't imagine what they would have done if she had said no about the HCP, but at least the employee didn't freak out.

• Like 4

My experience at Walmart last night was completely different.  They totally ignored me as they should.  No attention except for one lady who wanted to know what make & model gun I was carrying, so her husband could buy one for her (a P3AT, but to simplify, I suggested Ruger LCP)

• Like 1
Guest nra37922

My experience at Walmart last night was completely different.  They totally ignored me as they should because I had it concealed.

I get ignored everywhere for the same reason....

It's also wise to hide your religion from people, not speak out about injustices committed by your own government, and say nothing negative about a possible war you feel is wrong....  Wait, maybe I have that wrong :)

If that manager saw 20 or 30 customers a day carrying openly, he'd get sick and tired of asking them if they had an HCP....  it would become obvious after a couple of weeks that only law abiding citizens wear holsters and carry their firearms in plain view and he'd think nothing of it.  

There are possible downsides that have to be accounted for when open carrying (weapons retention for example), but worrying about irrational fears of sheeple shouldn't be one of them.

Edited by JayC
  • Like 3

I've NEVER had a good Wal Mart experience.

I've generally felt pretty good the many many times I've walked out with the cheapest price on a firearm or ammo I could find anywhere.

Walked out with my 3 boxes of Tula .223 and 3 cans of brake cleaner today, didn't feel so bad. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I've NEVER had a good Wal Mart experience.

I'm pretty sure a guy could walk around our local Wal Mart with a rocket launcher strapped to his back and go unnoticed for hours.

This might be true but only if you were having trouble at the self checkout or needing assistance with finding more ammo for your rocket launcher. Just joking,at our local Walmart the employees are actually helpful. I have never gone in there OC, I am more of a CC kind of guy. I mostly have good experiences there, I like to go late at night after work when it is not as crowded.

At our local Walmart all they have open are the self checkouts late at night, and I can rarely get through the chore without having an issue requiring a real person to come over and override the thing. Not sure how it saves them any money by paying someone to stand there and watch me do the checkout because it seems to take me forever, but who knows.

I try not to go in box buildings like Wal Mart, but it's because I'm too lazy to walk a mile to get a toothbrush, or anything.

I really don't care what a sheeple thinks, either, but I try to be nice when my gun gets exposed. Never had a problem,

just tired of the walking. And all those smiley faces and flower logos. :D

I will walk a mile to the Chinese buffet down from them, though.

Go into most Wal-Marts after midnight and one appreciates being armed.   AMC could film a WD episode in one with very little make-up or special effects needed.

Really! My sons and I needed to drop in to WalMart late one night a while back. We decided it looked like a scene from a Mad Max movie in there! :ugh:

I have not Oc'ed in Walmart yet, however I have seen a few people doing so.  Never seen anything happen.

Even with my Smith and Wession 40 cal with a stainless steel slide very few people even notice it when it's completely uncovered.

I will agree you can scare people by oc'ing, however I think some of those fears are just that the fear that someone will see it and flip out.

Usually not that case, as most people never notice, or maybe ask about.

Even saw a guy running in Walmart holding his pistol down in the holster.  Must have been a retention holster.