Any suggestions for firing kvar polymer stock to mak90

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
Well, I tried for about four hours hand filing a kvar NATO length polymer stock to fit on my mak 90. It will only go about half way in and won't budge any further. I've filed and filed im not understanding why its not going in. Its a straight cut receiver. It looks like there is a little lip that hangs down just before the grip maybe its catching on that? Any suggestions or do I need to keep filing? I've even tried tapping it with a mallet and it won't budge. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy. Edited by tdoccrossvilletn
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Get a course cut file, If I am thinking right, you have clogged the file with plastic.

That's a possibility. I've been removing material with an exacto knife also.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
[quote name="UncleJak" post="1035414" timestamp="1379549458"] Got a picture? I'm a visual repair man sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee[/quote] Not right now but can get one Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy. Edited by tdoccrossvilletn
Guest tdoccrossvilletn

[quote name="UncleJak" post="1035414" timestamp="1379549458"] Got a picture? I'm a visual repair man sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee[/quote] Here is where I am. This is filling a crap load more and beating the hell out if it with a mallet 2013-09-19123538_zps6e066039.jpg2013-09-19123428_zpsb386d0b6.jpg Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.

Edited by tdoccrossvilletn
Guest tdoccrossvilletn

There's got to be something it's catching on. It shouldn't be that hard. Minor fitting is understandable but it seems you at are beyond that.

sent barefoot from the hills of Tennessee

I've gotten further into it. Now I realize that the tang on a mak 90 is longer than normal. In order for the stock to sit flush I'm going to have to lengthen the channel if that's even possible.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The tang is all the way back in the channel. Do you think a gunsmith would have the tools and knowledge to lengthen that channel?

Dremel that thing. The rear trunion on a mak90 is also a little different. The underside of the top of the trunion is a little lower. As to the tang, just enlarge it and then drill a small pilot hole for the screw. They are very course so it doesn't have to be fancy.
Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Dremel that thing. The rear trunion on a mak90 is also a little different. The underside of the top of the trunion is a little lower. As to the tang, just enlarge it and then drill a small pilot hole for the screw. They are very course so it doesn't have to be fancy.

I had better let a gunsmith handle it from here. I don't have a dremel.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Cut it out with a chainsaw file. Take your time. File a bit, and check. Repeat.

That might actually work. Where do I find said file? I didn't see then at Lowes.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn