Ruger 10-22 Receivers

Sidewinder

Are the people that are tricking out the Ruger 10-22s installing custom receivers. I'm thinking that if they are, there should be a few Ruger 10-22 receivers out there for sale. I'm just trying to assemble a stock Ruger 10-22, nothing fancy... just a plinker for shooting tin cans or paper. Don't even have to be in great condition. Anyone got one in their parts bucket? Anyone else built one from spare parts? How did it work out?

I think that you will find those that are buying custom receivers are not using anything else from a regular 10/22 to complete the build outside of the magazine.   People may get rid of everything but the receiver, but I don't think you're just going to find a receiver sitting around and if you do, most people probably have plans for it.  You may be better off to sell all of your extra parts and then put that money with whatever you think it would take to buy a receiver and just buy a new or used complete gun.

I am confident you will not find a receiver for less than $150.   It just doesn't make sense to sell them for less than that.  You can buy a new complete rifle for just over $200.

This is my KIDD SuperGrade.  Only stock part is the magazine.

Gun%2520Inventory_20130702_0001.JPG

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 2

Are the people that are tricking out the Ruger 10-22s installing custom receivers. I'm thinking that if they are, there should be a few Ruger 10-22 receivers out there for sale.

I'm thinking that most folks who will spend two bills on a 3rd party receiver are building a new gun from scratch rather than scavenging many parts from an old one.

I think you can now build a "10/22" without one Ruger part in it at all.

edit: hear that echo in here, Hozzie? ;)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
Just an FYI and trying to be a a$$ but you do need to be a benefactor to post want adds and then you'll have the best luck in the classifieds. It's well worth the cost as we have ALOT of members that don't actively use the forum but still become benefactors to buy and sell.

Once again to be clear, NOT trying to be a jerk, and certainly not calling you out, just trying to help.

Garufa--- I see your point. No Ruger parts... 1022? Don't know!

Hozzie--- Wow! That KIDD Supergrade is one sharp gun!

Oh Shoot--- You're probably right. Back to what Garufa said.

Tricky Nicky--- Sorry, I didn't mean to break any rules. I guess I thought you had to be a Benefactor to sell a gun, but that anyone could say they wanted to buy one. My apologies. And someone with the authority... would you please close this thread. Thanks.

You don't need to apologize to me brother, like I said I'm only trying to let you know so as you don't run afoul of the powers that be. IMHO, which don't count for squat btw, the thread probably doesn't need to be pulled so much as reworded. JMHO though.

Legitametly though, the benefactor status does make it pretty easy to find what your looking for locally. Good luck on the hunt whichever way you go. :)