Metallica - Through the Never: An IMAX 3D Experience

One thing kind of disappointed me. I was a little surprised that so few people watching the show were really getting into it. I was expecting the theater crowd to add at least a little something to the experience, but that definitely wasn't the case.

Out of respect for those behind me, I did manage to stay in my seat. Those around me were actually making me feel a bit guilty for rocking out, even while remaining seated. I spent far more time watching the show than I did everyone around me, but the two guys to my right and the couple to my girlfriend's left were a bunch of schlubs. I didn't spot a single toe tap or fist pump from those next to us.

The number of empty seats was somewhat surprising, too. I think the showing before ours started around 4:00 p.m. I didn't take an actual count, but I'm guessing about 20 people attended that showing. Ours started at 7:00 p.m., and I'm guessing maybe 100-150 people were in attendance. There were a TON of empty seats. If I didn't have the best seats in the house, I would have moved to seats that weren't so crowded.
  • 3 weeks later...

So I finally got to see it last night.  Tonite appears to be the last night its showing here.  The wife and I went (she's a fan too... ) and we had the theater to ourselves (which is a little depressing, but also cool for us). 

:rock:

I wish it would've been louder. 

The end of it really pissed my wife off.  Apparently she needs closure.  While I can't say I really understood the plot or some of the imagery, I thought it kicked much ass.  Any excuse to film a concert in 3D. 

The stage show was much more elaborate than when I saw them a while back.  The images on the stage, screens, and coffins were really cool.  I wonder how much of the theatrics were just for the movie or part of their routine stage show?  Would've been really cool to be at that concert. 

And one last thing...  If I had access to a horse, I know what my Halloween costume would be.  :)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
Well I don't disagree, that first album sounds like it was recorded in a metal storage unit, every song is intense though. Trapped under ice is bad a** without a doubt and jams, one of my favorites!

Saw every tour up to and including Black, after that not so much intense jamming.

Has anyone on here seen this? I am not much on music/band movies but really enjoy some Metalica. JTM We the People of the United States, in order to form a more Perfect Union......

Yes. I went to see it at the IMAX 3D when it was first released. I thought it was amazing, but I am a super-duper Metallica fan.

• Like 1

Yes. I went to see it at the IMAX 3D when it was first released. I thought it was amazing, but I am a super-duper Metallica fan.

I'm a die hard fan too, I like their whole catalog. I saw it in the theater and my only complaint was the lack of volume. I didn't have to yell directly into my wife's ear to be heard, so clearly it wasn't loud enough. :)

It's a strange plot/story with strange characters and themes and a strange end.... so similar to every video they've ever made. I still think the rider would be the coolest Halloween costume ever.
  • Like 1