Official Firearm of Tennessee?

Guest Razz

I found out today that a few states have an official state firearm. Then I had the shocking realization that I live in a state WITHOUT an official state firearm! What the heck, guys? How am I supposed to know what to open-carry during parades and other state-sponsored events? :)

I'm sure this has been discussed before but I couldn't find the conversation so...

What should be the official gun of Tennessee?

Edit:
As has been suggested, I would like to add a poll to this thread. So far we have a few incomplete suggestions:
-Barrett M82
-M1911 (although this is already the state firearm of Utah)
-Davy Crockett's rifle (although nothing specific has been named, yet)
-A single-shot, break action shotgun (although nothing specific has been suggested) Edited by Razz

Here are my recommendations:

1.   Historical era -- American Revolution -- Tower pistol

2.   Historical era -- early 1800's ---- Any "big colt" percussion revolver -- 36 navy to third dragoon

3.   Historical era -- late 1800's to now --- any colt saa or a large frame colt or smith double action "hand ejector"....

All in ornate leather; open carried of coursee.....

leroy

Correction, it was a .357 MAGNUM Glock.

There is a .357sig glock that does exist, but is a very different animal than the .357magnum Glock.

Thank you, yes that is what I was trying to remember.

So the official  TN hand gun should be the .357 Magnum Glock.

I thought the M82 would be a nice nod to a Tennessee manufacturer...

As far as i'm concerned it's no contest, they should add it on the state flag. :)

It's definatly "one of the most" bad a$$ shoulder fired firearms there is and it's pure Tennessee. I know there is some old 20mm's out there but they don't count.

Well, there has been a lot of different weapons mentioned and all of them have their place and time for use for sure. My self I think the Tennessee choice should be any model Barrett for several reasons beginning with the fact that they were designed in Tennessee, are made in Tennessee, Have the farthest sniper kills on record to date and there is nothing negative anyone can say about them.............jmho

• Like 2

Have the farthest sniper kills on record to date and there is nothing negative anyone can say about them.............jmho

Thats actually not true. They are number 4 on the list of longest shots. An accuracy international chambered in .338 lm holds the number 4 spot. And they are good rifles but if I had to lug that heavy bastard around anywhere in bad terrain Id have some bad things to say. I'm thinking a 1911 would be the perfect TN firearm in honor of Sgt. York

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

• Like 1

I'm thinking a 1911 would be the perfect TN firearm in honor of Sgt. York

Tapatalk ate my spelling.

I don't disagree with this but Utah snuck in and adopted the 1911 in March of 2011.