Help with a glock 26 issue

Guest Southern Christian Armed

Every casing I shoot out of a gen 3 glock 26 is getting a scrape and a dent on the spent casing at the top opening. I have never noticed this on other glocks or guns. Has anyone had this issue.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hitting the slide on the way out 

will happen on an old 1911 just like the pic  this is why the 1911 Gold Cup is cut the way it is to eliminate this from happening

the shell gets flicked back against the slide traveling forward and the dent is formed as the slide feeds the next round, at some point if this is slowed down enough you get the dreaded "stovepipe" failure..

this shows a Glock 18  and you can clearly see some shells getting tripped up and hitting the slide as the slide travels forward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDT8-0VlSxI

Edited by LngRngShtr

hitting the slide on the way out 

will happen on an old 1911 just like the pic  this is why the 1911 Gold Cup is cut the way it is to eliminate this from happening

the shell gets flicked back against the slide traveling forward and the dent is formed

Possible failure issues when this happens?

only if the shell gets trapped as the slide shuts

My G-23 does it and has since 1993  not a problem as the reloading dies iron the case out

Generally as long as your ejector shape and extractor tension is right this isn't an issue and if it isn't right the relief cut ( like a 1911) won't help

differences in ammo will change slide velocity or some call it cyclic timing, so some ammo will not show it and some will  shorter slides move faster so it will be more prevalent in smaller autos 

the same load in a 17 or a 19 may not dent or dent only a few due to this timing phenomenon as the recoil impulse and slide mass make the whole evolution relatively slower and less violent.

I take it the brass is still falling say 3-5 feet away from the shooter  if so I wouldn't worry too much about it  now if it rolls off the back of your firing hand and lands at your feet that would indicate a problem worth looking into

I have done a lot of searching tonight and found this:

I have an older extractor that has the "336" stamped on it which should be updated to a n extractor with a "375***" number on it. I also found that my ejector has a small curve in the top witch indicates when glock went shortly to a MIM'ed part rather than stamped and it is also replaced. Seems I got the glock that all glock snobs fear... LOL Just kidding. I am a glock snob, but everyone can have a hiccup. All my other 23 glocks I have owned were and or are flawless. Not to worry or start a hate thread. Just picked up a lemon. I assure you Porsche, benz, and Bentley have had a lemon.