The Funeral

waynesan

A funeral service is held for a woman who just passed away. As the pallbearers carry the casket out, they accidentally bump into a wall.

They hear a faint moan. They open the casket and find that the woman is actually alive.

She lives for 10 more years and then dies. They have another funeral for her. At the end of the service, the pallbearers carry out the casket.

As they are walking, the husband cries out,

"Watch out for the wall!"
  • Like 6

Reminds me of another joke I heard a couple of years ago:

Many years ago, during the horse and buggy days, a man was doing chores in his front yard when a funeral procession came by.  To show his respect, the man stopped what he was doing and removed his hat.  That was when he noticed that the proceedings looked a bit strange.  For one thing, there were two caskets in the buggy that bore the deceased.  Of course, being that life back then was often difficult and dangerous he didn't necessarily think much about it until he saw the rest of the procession.  Directly behind the buggy was a man with a dog walking beside him.  Behind them was a long line of what looked to be a hundred or so men who all appeared to be between the ages of twenty and fifty, walking single file.  None of them walked beside each other or got out of line.

Wondering about this, the bystander approached the man with whom the dog was walking and, giving his condolences, asked about the two bodies in the buggy hoping to figure out what was going on.  The gentleman with the dog replied, "Those are the bodies of my wife and mother in law."  Not wishing to pry but unable to resist indulging his curiosity, the bystander asked what happened to them.  "Well," the bereaved replied, "my wife got mad at me for coming home late and meant to hit me with a frying pan.  This old dog here has always been very loyal to me so, seeing her come at me with that pan, he attacked her.  My mother in law was visiting and jumped in trying to help my wife - and that old dog ended up killing them both.  Being that the dog was just defending me, the police said no charges would be filed and I could keep my dog."

The bystander thought about the tale for a moment before asking, "So, do you think I could borrow your dog, sometime?"  The widower just looked at him and replied, indicating behind him, "Sure, but you'll have to get in line." 

• Like 1