Block me from viewing or responding to a thread?

Because we couldn't possibly have a member who's a big enough douchebag to block me from a thread, I'm going to assume there is a glitch in the system.

Whether there is or isn't such a douchbag; as far as I know, that ability doesn't even exist...although I suppose it'd possible, I'd be surprised if the forum software even has the functionality for an Admin can block a specific user from seeing a specific thread. :)

I'd say a glitch is a far more logical/likely answer!

Whether there is or isn't such a douchbag; as far as I know, that ability doesn't even exist...although I suppose it'd possible, I'd be surprised if the forum software even has the functionality for an Admin can block a specific user from seeing a specific thread. :)

I'd say a glitch is a far more logical/likely answer!

As I said, I'll assume it's a glitch. Here's what happened.

Someone posted a thread about his buddy's gun store having some .22LR ammo. 

I responded with a comment that obviously wasn't appreciated, and probably taken in a way in which I didn't exactly mean for it to come across.

Said thread creator responded, as did another member or two.

I attempted to respond in a way that would hopefully clarify what I meant.

A box popped up telling me that I could not respond.

I attempted to view the thread, but was informed I could not longer view it.

I was on another message board once and someone made my connection to the site so slow that the web browser would time out.  

I made 2 new usenames.  One of them I let everyone know who I was, 10 minutes later it did the same thing.  the other account I have been secret of who I am and it's been working just fine.    It's been 2 years and those usernames are still hacked to go slow.  the admin says he doesn't know whats going on but i call BS.    

I responded with a comment that obviously wasn't appreciated, and probably taken in a way in which I didn't exactly mean for it to come across.

are you sure the thread wasn't locked and/or maybe an Admin removed the threat alltogether?

Locking it would be easy for the thread originator to do...I suspect only an Admin could take down a thread (assuming they even would act that quickly).

I posted in that thread, with an anecdote that supported OP actually.

Thread seems to have been disappeared, and my "content" doesn't show my post either.

My guess is OP asked a mod to zap it, and you're clicking on it from cached page or link somehow.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1
  • Moderators
Sounds to me that it was more likely than not removed from public view by the admins if not deleted altogether. I saw that thread and thought that it wouldn't last long as that shop mentioned was NOT an Authorized Vendor and that post pretty easily could be construed as being an open advert. Edited by Chucktshoes

Sounds to me that it was more likely than not removed from public view by the admins if not deleted altogether. I saw that thread and thought that it wouldn't last long as that shop mentioned was NOT an Authorized Vendor and that post pretty easily could be construed as being an open advert.

DING, DING DING...We have a winner.

Advertising by a member is not allowed, especially outside of the classifieds.

And yes, I am the big douchebag that decided to enforce our rules.

No unauthorized soliciting.

Advertising opportunities are available to persons or companies wishing to market their goods or services to TGO members. If you are interested in taking advantage of that while helping support this community, contact us and let us know.
Unapproved commercial advertising should never be posted by members of our community. This means that unless you have sought authorization from the TGO Staff to post a commercial advertisement for goods or services, you may not use advertising language in posts made to the forums. Specifically:

• No advertising language, links, banners, images, etc. in posts
  • No advertising language, links, banners, images, etc. in signatures
  • No sending unsolicited private messages (PMs) to members with any of the above in it
Edited by Dolomite_supafly
  • Like 3

Advertising opportunities are available to persons or companies wishing to market their goods or services to TGO members. If you are interested in taking advantage of that while helping support this community, contact us and let us know.
Unapproved commercial advertising should never be posted by members of our community. This means that unless you have sought authorization from the TGO Staff to post a commercial advertisement for goods or services, you may not use advertising language in posts made to the forums. Specifically:

• No sending unsolicited private messages (PMs) to members with any of the above in it

That type of douchebaggery is perfectly acceptable. :up:  Feel free to continue along and blast this thread.

I wasn't trying to be an ass and was just hoping it would go on and be forgotten. Not the case. The reason we do this is because it is not fair for our vendors, who support this site in more ways than most know, to have to compete with someone who hasn't even paid a single cent towards supporting this site. We cannot allow this to happen, even once, otherwise this place will get over run with advertising. And think about this, without those who choose to support the site we may not have a place for us all to come together.

The OP of the other thread got a PM explaining the rules and what he, or his boss, can do to help support the site. This will allow him to advertise and in return we will support them. I welcome them in becoming a vendor but until they do they will nto be allowed to advertise.

• Like 6

:rofl: :rofl:

You actually got blocked from a thread? I didn't even know we could do that!

From now on I'm blocking EVERYONE from all my threads, that way no one can publicly disagree with me which means I am by default always right. ;)

TDR has magical computer powers. He probably blocked himself  :rofl: . Windows advanced settings :)

It takes a helluva man to admit that he's a douchebag! I love you, man  :rofl:

• Like 2

[quote name="TripleDigitRide" post="1028220" timestamp="1378507017"] [quote name="mikegideon" post="1028211" timestamp="1378506336"] TDR has magical computer powers. He probably blocked himself :rofl: . Windows advanced settings :)[/quote]gorilla-middle-finger.jpg[/quote]I'm offended and am using my powers to block you from this thread. AB14ADC8-2F89-4A80-93E7-3E8914459F71-117 That's what I call advanced Mac settings.

Edited by npgunner
  • Like 1