Ruger Mkii Vs Mkiii

Guest MEC

I have been looking for a 22 pistol and I really like the Ruger but I have seen some things on the internet that suggest the lawyers have hurt the Mkiii. Specifically poor trigger due to mag safety and reduced reliability due the chamber indicator. Does anyone have experience with both guns that they can share? If I don’t get the Ruger I will probably get the Buckmark or try to find a Mkii in good condition.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both. The suppressed one in the pic is a MKII and the middle one is a MKIII. The MKII has been a very reliable and accurate gun for many years and thousands of rounds. The MKIII has also been very reliable but I only have about 500 rounds through it. The trigger is better in the MKII in my opinion. Both are great guns. If I was going to buy another, it would probably by a MKII.

Shot a Buckmark for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was a good feeling little gun.

22fun.jpg

Especially like the last shot bolt hold open on the MKIII

That and the new mag release. I didn't like the Mark II's at all unless it had an extended one.

The loaded chamber indicator has been no problem except for cleaning around it (not that bad).

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.