i finally got that kill

RWF

on my 3rd attempt=trips to the range. limit of 5 shots each on the 2 nickels at 400. my goal is to get them both on the same attempt. but I am still happy. at first I use a piece of carpet that I spray painted the back side white and glue the nickels to it, so they would not be lost when/if hit but that did not work well I had very hard time just trying fine/see them. so this time I wrapped a piece of white paper around a piece of card board the glue it to the carpet then use a 3" shoot-n-see and glue the nickel to the center. so at the Montgomery county shooting complex today I got my first nickel kill at 400 yards, woo who!!

IMG_7805_zps70ff5766.jpgIMG_7804_zps58419ca7.jpgIMG_7803_zps74427092.jpgIMG_7799_zps59da54b4.jpgIMG_7798_zpseb321698.jpg

• Like 2
Excellent job! What's the rig? Not sure if you've posted it before but obviously it does the job.

I'm sure I've got something in mind that will do it that I'm working on but its good to see what others are using.

Either way I need to brush up on my shooting to have a shot at hitting something like that.

thank you sir

its a savage M 10 20" in 223 with black hills 69 grain sierra's. I still have to do some work on my scope mounts, I thought I had it. but I still have to move it back about a 1/2" 

oh, and the scope is a 4 X 16 Vortex PST SFP in M.O.A.

its the most fun when you hit it!

I forgot to add that is a YHM stainless suppresser. I am a very big believer that they do tighten up your shot group.

have not tried the 53 grain bullet and have shot the 60 grain U-max which shot great also. but sticking with the heavier bullet right for 600 yard F-class if I can get up to the firing line. after I get a few more bugs worked out.

thanks all

I have that same rifle except mine is cerakoted OD. Great rifle, the 53gr Sierra match king is amazing in that rifle.

Nice shot btw.

you got me thinking about the 60 grain U-max. I got the rifle re zeroed for 50 yards so I hope this weekend I can talk the wife into taking me up the to range to try and get both nickels with the U-max, like you and your 53's these 60 shoot well.

now you have destroyed government property congrats  :up: ! but besides that good shootin 

well they just add that to the FBI file :) and with any luck will get 2 more this weekend

and what about all those coins you put on the railroad tracks just to see how much they got flatten

Edited by RWF