For you 5FDP fans and even non metal heads...

This particular song struck home for me because when I was younger between the ages of 10 and 14 I was constantly abused at school by different and varying crowds of kids. Some whom I thought were my friends and some whom I didn't like to begin with. I was a bit of introvert, overweight, and was very sheltered growing up as my mother worked for a church so this led to me being singled out by the other kids. I was so depressed that I was on the verge of running away or doing much worse, those were the ABSOLUTE worst years of my life. One person was able to keep my spirits up back then and is a member of this forum. Well, this changed when I was about 15 because my growth spurt kicked in and I suddenly grew to about 6' in my freshman year, the same kids whom were still tiny no longer picked on me as I was considerably bigger than they were. I vowed from there on if I saw anyone getting picked on I wouldn't turn a blind eye like the teachers did and would listen to them when their parents wouldn't and have stood up for a few kids I knew back then. Remember, one friend with a few kind words can save a life.

http://youtu.be/ptzzU7jFQwo

• Like 1

LMAO, how so sir? Sounds like a good story. :D

Actually I think I'm getting my bands mixed up.  FFDP was a year after this event, and it was a larger show, not private or anything but not more than a few hundred.  I think the band was Sevendust where stuff got out of hand.  There is video evidence that I don't want to link myself to; there was some kind of videographer following these guys around, recording their exploits. 

I've never been a huge fan, but the cover of Bad Company is pretty awesome.  It's actually the only song from them I own.  They're not a bad band at all, it's just that when I listen to metal I want to listen to the kind of metal that makes me want to break sh**.

Actually I think I'm getting my bands mixed up.  FFDP was a year after this event, and it was a larger show, not private or anything but not more than a few hundred.  I think the band was Sevendust where stuff got out of hand.  There is video evidence that I don't want to link myself to; there was some kind of videographer following these guys around, recording their exploits. 

I've never been a huge fan, but the cover of Bad Company is pretty awesome.  It's actually the only song from them I own.  They're not a bad band at all, it's just that when I listen to metal I want to listen to the kind of metal that makes me want to break sh**.

Way of the Fist, War is the Answer, Ashes, just to name a couple, heh heh. ;)

Way of the Fist, War is the Answer, Ashes, just to name a couple, heh heh. ;)

I dunno what it is... it's like their tempo is too slow or the vocals don't appropriately match it to give me the violent rage I need sometimes. I grew up on Pantera. It has affected me.
  • Like 2