Best recoil reducing stock?

I bought a used H&R Pardner 12 ga a few days ago.I was thinking about getting a pistol grip stock for it.Do these recoil reducing stocks work or not?A 870 stock is suppose to fit this one. Just wanted to hear some opinions.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Knoxx stocks to cut down on recoil quite a bit.  I had an issued gun with one on it (pistol grip / collapsable style).  While it did work well, I found it redirected a lot of the recoil upward to the point where you got some pretty serious cheek slap.  

YMMV.

I have an H&R Handi rifle and added both a Limb Saver recoil pad and a mercury recoil reducer to the factory wood stock . The mercury recoil reducer slides in the stock under tne butt plate  . This got it to where I can shoot it now without shoulder pain .  I bought the slip on recoil pad so I could use it on multiple guns but they do make them for the H & R .

I know this isn't exactly what you're talking about, but here's something to consider if you have the money. If it can use 870 accessories, Mesa Tactical makes an adapter so that you can use a AR15 grip/buffer tube/stock. What I'm seeing people do is run a hydraulic buffer instead of the normal buffer tube (if I'm not mistaken it is actually the tube assembly acting as the buffer). I can't imagine recoil being an issue when hydraulics are involved. Here's a mossberg that they used the parts mentioned on, not mine BAFDB53C-DD6B-4909-A604-E2907EAAC7FF-142

Edited by KKing

How about a Limbsaver pad?

Prolly 'bout same, have only used the Decelerator. A slip on, at that. Worked a treat on my Marlin .30-30. (yes, I'm a wimp). Maybe oddly though, I can tolerate my 870 shottie okay with just factory butt pad, as long as I hold it nice and tight. I do have some Nobel Sport buckshot that would make me add one though, if I shot that very much, or if I went to 3" shells I guess.

Opinion on the two seems about 50/50 too:

https://www.google.com/search?q=limbsaver+vs+decelerator&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest tdoccrossvilletn
I have a black hawk Knoxx on my mossberg 500. Its got a limbsaver made specifically for the knoxx. I put the power pack on it with shell carrier and it has a cheek rest so no cheek slap. For range time I use reduced recoil loads.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.